Back Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for the past couple of weeks I've heard this sound in the back of my truck. It sounds like the back glass is loose. Everytime I go over a bump it rattles. Its driving me nuts any suggestions on what may be loose.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah I had an issue like that, ite ended up being the rear d-pillar caps that sit right beside the rear lift glass, the mounting tabs broke on them so they started rattling and needed to be replace with a whole new d-pillar cap, warranty fixed the issue.
Check your caps in the rear both left and right (they are right ontop of your taillights), mine was the left one that went bad.

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had an issue like that, ite ended up being the rear d-pillar caps that sit right beside the rear lift glass, the mounting tabs broke on them so they started rattling and needed to be replace with a whole new d-pillar cap, warranty fixed the issue.
Check your caps in the rear both left and right (they are right ontop of your taillights), mine was the left one that went bad.

Those appliques on the d-pillar is what was causing my rattle too. It drove me nuts for 6 months until I finally figured it out. My rear lift glass was out of position though from when I swapped out my 3rd brake light.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I have the same problem, those are great points Modded as usual. I will have to check that out too. Its strange though, sometimes it just drives me crazy, and other times I dont hear it.

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rattle that I also thought was somewhere on the liftgate, turned out to be the rear domelight housing, pulled the housing and placed a piece of memory foam between the housing and the roof, no more rattle...

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. Glad to hear I'm not nuts cause thats what everyone told me. lol

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
I had a rattle that I also thought was somewhere on the liftgate, turned out to be the rear domelight housing, pulled the housing and placed a piece of memory foam between the housing and the roof, no more rattle...

There was a TSB out for this exact issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny