back drop for a 2004 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genevieve

Shadow
Reaction score
hey, i ordered a drop a while ago like 9 months ago and I want the back lower, i think we went with the 2-4, but im wanting a 5 in the back.. my tahoe has the american racing torque thrust st chrome wheels in 20x8.5 and the tire size is 285/50/20 . ive looked at a ton of places and the offset for the tahoe i cannot find but i can for the silverado and its 19mm.. not sure if that can help.. but i was wondering what can we do to lower the back so its not hitting? thank ya:)

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if its 19mm i would not go lower. the hands down best 5 inch plus set up in rear is the djm rear kit with shocks/endlinks and trailing arms and the trailblazer 4 inch drop spring. The trailblazer 4 inch drop spring hands down is the best 5 inch plus drop spring out there on ride quality and guys here have been buying them up like crazy lately and you can read the reviews.

Genevieve best way to make sure on teh offset of the wheels is to pull one off and it will say the offest on the back of the spokes. We should do that before we go any farther. I would hate to sell you a kit just to have the rear tires get all cut up.

OP
OP
G

genevieve

Shadow
Reaction score
ah crap ok.. i just wanted those wheels on my tahoe for a long time because i loved them and I had them on my bagged truck:( ill have to look this weekend. soo what would be the best thing for me to do if i want it lower? :(

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
lets get the offset first then we can go to step 2.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
with a 285 50 20 and a 19 mm in rear lowered 5 inches its going to rub :(

OP
OP
G

genevieve

Shadow
Reaction score
Would I be able to get a smaller tire like 275 or smaller to fit it or is it simply the offset that's messing it up? :(

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what i would do is this would take 20 minutes to do

1) lift up truck
2) put frame on jackstans so rear end hangs down
3) just get a floor jack and jack up rear end take off lower shock bolts and pull out springs
4) jack rear end till it comes al teh way up and look how much space you have> That will tell you how close you are then we can go from there.

285 50 20 honeslty you can do a 3/5 and not cut off bumpstops brackets just to test the waters and it wont rub but ride ****** . At least at that point you will see beter if it will rub or not if you go lower. if you can get it lower cut the rear bumpstops brackets off and you done. honestly its going to be close but i think your going to clear by a cu... i mean a hair lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879