Baby needs a facelift. MAACO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aquamania001

Reaction score
Well I decided that this summer I am going to give my truck a facelift. I have some peeling clear coat that I touch up with Dupli-color clear coat. I have some rust starting to come out on the rockers panels and behind my driver side rear wheel. Going to take care of the rust and have her repainted. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience using MAACO?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Maaco is like every other body shop, although they cater to the lower price point in the market.

I used them for my Jeep a few years ago with an excellent result. Paid about $4k for their best paint, and they stripped it down to bare metal. I did a bunch of the prep like removing all the trim and weather seals or it would have cost even more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did mine with Maaco paid 1550 total. Tey strip peeling clear coat on the roof and front hood. I went with the stage 1 paint, no clear coat, if I had it to do over, I would pay 400 more for clear coat cause fingerprints always show up on the paint and I SAW one painted by the same maaco with a clear coat and it hides orange peel look on paint better.. it was painted July 2020 n all in all the paint is holding up fine but 3 rust spots are coming back that they said they would remove, I figure the rust in the 3 spots, it is deeper than they realized. I think this simmer I may see about getting those rust spots fixed again and adding a clear coat as the paint is still 99% good but the main key is, do not wash your truck till 1 month after the paint job for the paint to dry, I washed mine 2 weeks after and got a few dust pimples stuck on the paint in a few spots and that bug me. I wish I waited for 1 month now.. also I will have that side door trim with chrome removed should had got it removed before

20210404_151248_HDR.jpg 20210404_151433_HDR.jpg 20210323_140824_resized.jpg yukon74.jpg

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I have seen with MAACO is there is a lot of variability from shop to shop. I would definitely ask around and get feedback on the work done at the particular location you’re planning to use. As folks here have stated, many people have had very good luck, but not all franchise locations have the same skills and attention to detail.

OP
OP
Aquamania001

Aquamania001

Reaction score
I did mine with Maaco paid 1550 total. Tey strip peeling clear coat on the roof and front hood. I went with the stage 1 paint, no clear coat, if I had it to do over, I would pay 400 more for clear coat cause fingerprints always show up on the paint and I SAW one painted by the same maaco with a clear coat and it hides orange peel look on paint better.. it was painted July 2020 n all in all the paint is holding up fine but 3 rust spots are coming back that they said they would remove, I figure the rust in the 3 spots, it is deeper than they realized. I think this simmer I may see about getting those rust spots fixed again and adding a clear coat as the paint is still 99% good but the main key is, do not wash your truck till 1 month after the paint job for the paint to dry, I washed mine 2 weeks after and got a few dust pimples stuck on the paint in a few spots and that bug me. I wish I waited for 1 month now.. also I will have that side door trim with chrome removed should had got it removed before

View attachment 277559 View attachment 277560 View attachment 277561 View attachment 277562

Man that looks pretty good!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts