B0100 & B0103 airbag codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the website it looks like it includes the tis2000 software in the package. Will I need to install this on an XP machine in order to reprogram a new airbag module to my truck or am I able to do that from the Tech 2 handheld unit?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the website it looks like it includes the tis2000 software in the package. Will I need to install this on an XP machine in order to reprogram a new airbag module to my truck or am I able to do that from the Tech 2 handheld unit?
you can do it with the tech2 alone, no software is needed

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Tech 2 from Chinacardiags.com. Everything went perfect on the purchase.
Came quick.

Others have shown TIS2000 will run on tablets and other laptops with later operating systems.
There is an adapter that will allow the computer/tablet to connect with a USB/Bluetooth dongle that plugs into OBDII port. The old Windows XP is only a requirement for use of the old-school cable connector the system was originally configured for.

While nice to have the software as an option for possible future use on a tablet... The TIS2000 software and computer are not needed for most all diagnostic and programming functions. The Tech 2 can do almost everything you might ever need.

Go ahead and order the Tech 2 with the appropriate (GM) version of the TIS2000 software, so you'l have it. But you won't need it for most operations.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Tech 2 from Chinacardiags.com. Everything went perfect on the purchase.
Came quick.

Others have shown TIS2000 will run on tablets and other laptops with later operating systems.
There is an adapter that will allow the computer/tablet to connect with a USB/Bluetooth dongle that plugs into OBDII port. The old Windows XP is only a requirement for use of the old-school cable connector the system was originally configured for.

While nice to have the software as an option for possible future use on a tablet... The TIS2000 software and computer are not needed for most all diagnostic and programming functions. The Tech 2 can do almost everything you might ever need.

Go ahead and order the Tech 2 with the appropriate (GM) version of the TIS2000 software, so you'l have it. But you won't need it for most operations.
Thanks so much for the explanation - the website is a little confusing. Glad to know that the Tech 2 will be all that's needed for most applications. Now all I have to do is find a good used airbag module.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my Tech 2, I ordered with out the hard case. Employer gave me a Coleman 30 Can Xpand backpack cooler last year. Hadn't been using it at all. Figured I'd give it a try. Works perfect for me! Portable, padded and good protection, easy to grab and go. I keep it with the face against the liner with the cables/CANDi adapter behind the unit, so the key pad and display don't get scraped up. Can be found for about $40 at Walmart. Case problem solved.
20220314_071203.jpg

CFD Jerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my airbag light come on and service airbag on my 2005 Tahoe too. We had no Spring weather and temperatures went from 50’s degree Fahrenheit to the 90’s overnight and that’s when it came on. Tahoe always parked in garage and do not see any water damage under the seat being dry, but garage was very damp from the winter. Have a Foxwell NT 630 Plus and reading this looks like time to get a GM Tech II. Got codes B0100 and B1001. B0100 says electronic front end (sensor 1) performance B1001 says option configuration error. Very generic and have a feeling the GM Tech II would give more information. Does anyone know if it would?

Disconnected the battery waiting so the airbag did not deploy and read sensors located under by radiator support. Also read despite them having different part numbers can swap them for a test and pull codes again. Swapped them after cleaning contacts and inside of connectors, but didn’t think of wires going into connectors being a bad connector. Connectors did look very clean and wires did too. Pulled codes again and hoping for just sensor 2, but got codes for sensor 1 & 2. Now I am stumped and read and not sure what I read is correct and their are more airbag sensors then just those 2 by radiator support. Anyone know are their more sensors reading bumper and frame with those codes being generic indicating left side.

Wanted to add had new tires put on about a month ago and will look to see if they nicked a wire somewhere and not in any accidents.

Any help would be appreciated where to start looking next.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my airbag light come on and service airbag on my 2005 Tahoe too. We had no Spring weather and temperatures went from 50’s degree Fahrenheit to the 90’s overnight and that’s when it came on. Tahoe always parked in garage and do not see any water damage under the seat being dry, but garage was very damp from the winter. Have a Foxwell NT 630 Plus and reading this looks like time to get a GM Tech II. Got codes B0100 and B1001. B0100 says electronic front end (sensor 1) performance B1001 says option configuration error. Very generic and have a feeling the GM Tech II would give more information. Does anyone know if it would?

Disconnected the battery waiting so the airbag did not deploy and read sensors located under by radiator support. Also read despite them having different part numbers can swap them for a test and pull codes again. Swapped them after cleaning contacts and inside of connectors, but didn’t think of wires going into connectors being a bad connector. Connectors did look very clean and wires did too. Pulled codes again and hoping for just sensor 2, but got codes for sensor 1 & 2. Now I am stumped and read and not sure what I read is correct and their are more airbag sensors then just those 2 by radiator support. Anyone know are their more sensors reading bumper and frame with those codes being generic indicating left side.

Wanted to add had new tires put on about a month ago and will look to see if they nicked a wire somewhere and not in any accidents.

Tech 2 may be able to get in deeper to identify specifics on what the problem is.
But as of right now, it sure looks most likely to be just the driver's side front impact sensor.
If wiring looks good, then probably just the sensor.

The two sensors under the radiator are the only two impact sensors used to send a signal to deploy the airbags.

There are other sensors in the cabin to tell the computer that the seat has someone in it (allowing deployment to happen) or not (preventing deployment) and sensors to tell whether seatbelts are fastened or not.

There are a lot of recommendations out there to use genuine GM sensors. That is a solid recommendation for so many components on our trucks. GM would be preferred.

I couldn't get a GM sensor on a Sunday, so I used NAPA to replace the driver's side. Cleared my code and no issues with the other sensor or the rest of the system.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

front impact sensor going bad is very typical, either replace one and try the swap again or just replace both, usually when it says front impact sensor it's gamble if is it left or right, not sure if a tech2 would tell you any different or not. disconnecting the battery for it is not like trying to clear a obd code, srs is not obd, neither is abs

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my Tech2 when I got the B0100 code, indicating a left front impact sensor on my 04. It was the only airbag code I was showing, but the diagnosis was correct. I replaced only the left sensor with a NAPA (Denso from what I could find out about product source). I left the right one untouched. Replacing just that one happened to work perfectly. I didn't bother swapping to sides. New sensor worked great! Airbag codes cleared themselves and never came back. No issues since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e