Airbag codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peeledpeas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a airbag light on and scanned the codes, got a B0104 the first time. Looked it up and it indicated something with the right side crash sensor, so for troubleshooting purposes, I swapped the sensors side to side. The code changed to a B0103, so I thought that must be the code for the left side sensor, but apparently not. Everything I can find on it still indicates the right side sensor. Can't figure out what the difference is between the two codes.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was the battery disconnected while you swapped the sensors? Have you tried clearing the code?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

B0104 Chevrolet Code - Passenger-Side EFS Not Okay Message​

B0103 Chevrolet Code - Passenger-Side EFS Valid Identification Not Received

If there is a yellow wire/connector under the passenger side front seat, look there for a connection/wiring problem. I have had air bag codes/lights on two different vehicles I have worked on and both fixes were as easy as unplugging the connector and plugging them back in. The friction cleaned the connection problems. If you have items under the front seats, trash, whatever and move the seats back and forth, that messes with connectors and wiring.

OP
OP
P

Peeledpeas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

B0104 Chevrolet Code - Passenger-Side EFS Not Okay Message​

B0103 Chevrolet Code - Passenger-Side EFS Valid Identification Not Received

If there is a yellow wire/connector under the passenger side front seat, look there for a connection/wiring problem. I have had air bag codes/lights on two different vehicles I have worked on and both fixes were as easy as unplugging the connector and plugging them back in. The friction cleaned the connection problems. If you have items under the front seats, trash, whatever and move the seats back and forth, that messes with connectors and wiring.
Oh, ok. There seems to be a lot of wrong information out there on the code definitions. I'll try that, thanks.

OP
OP
P

Peeledpeas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the time to mess around and found a yellow plug under each front seat. Disconnected battery and unplugged each of them and sprayed QD Electronics cleaner on both. Didn't fix anything. Any thing else I can try?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got the time to mess around and found a yellow plug under each front seat. Disconnected battery and unplugged each of them and sprayed QD Electronics cleaner on both. Didn't fix anything. Any thing else I can try?
Did you inspect all the wiring from the connectors? debris gets under there and can damage the wiring itself.

bigboy215

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and the stabilizing traction light came on I changed the steering wheel angle sensor and that light is still on anybody got a clue what I should do next

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and the stabilizing traction light came on I changed the steering wheel angle sensor and that light is still on anybody got a clue what I should do next
Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully a mod can move this.

You need to start your own thread. You may have a failing/failed wheel speed sensor or wiring damage to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10