AXN Code Rear Axle Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done an AXN 14 bolt axle swap from an Escalade into their 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon that is 4x4? The main thing I’m concerned about is the driveshaft and yoke. I’m cool with running a “bastard” style joint if the yokes are different than the 10 bolt. I don’t want to get into cutting down my driveshaft on my Tahoe. I’d like to keep it as close to stock components as possible. I wouldn’t care if the conversation was about my Sierra. Hardly anything on it is still the way GM intended. Thanks in advance for any input!

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did one on my 2wd Tahoe and I did not have to modify the shaft at all to get it running and driving. I just used the bastard joint. However, after my first burnout attempt, the bastard joint which is hollow on the inside exploded so I swapped yokes to a 1410 and modified the shaft for 1410.

Here is a thread where I discuss this swap in more detail. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/9-5sf-swap.117878/

OP
OP
M

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you!!

No problem! I've been super happy with the swap and beat it on the regular. Gives me a lot more confidence when I'm towing a trailer and decide to leave hard from a stop. I kept the axle completely stock even the G80 which works well in off-road situations but not so much for street performance.