Aux input with OEM NAV (06 denali)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys, ive got an 06 denali and am currently looking to install an aux input into my headunit with the factory nav system. My buddy got a universal aux input where you would put the radio on cd and flip a switch then just plug the aux jack into an ipod or phone. Is there anyway to get something factory for aux input or possibly even my iphone or did GM not offer anything back in 06.

-Gary

toneman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up guys, ive got an 06 denali and am currently looking to install an aux input into my headunit with the factory nav system. My buddy got a universal aux input where you would put the radio on cd and flip a switch then just plug the aux jack into an ipod or phone. Is there anyway to get something factory for aux input or possibly even my iphone or did GM not offer anything back in 06.

-Gary

Unfortunately there is no factory/OEM aux input solution for the 2001-2006 GM truck/SUVs--you'll have to go aftermarket if you need an AUX input for your '06 Denali.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

toneman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OP was asking if there was a factory AUX option for his 2006 Denali; before I go any further, I do need to correct my statement a bit--if you have the factory RSE option, then there is an AUX input on the RSE DVD unit that's mounted in the ceiling. But other than that, none of the 2001-2006 GM full size trucks/SUV radio/nav radios offered a factory OEM AUX input--all the links you mentioned referenced installing an aftermarket kit (other than the one post in one of those links that mentioned the RSE). I guess we could argue semantics but in any case, if you have to install a third-party add-on to add an AUX input to your factory radio, there is nothing "factory" about that.