Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
they made a design change a good while back on the 2708's I think the old design is where the negative reviews stemmed from. I have had the 2708's on for 50,000 miles now with no problems
the new design is partially re-manufactured the whole top piece is different, the "bag" will wear out eventually that is the weak point oem or not, replacements won't cost me anything.

* you may want to order or get a air line set, I did find that the drivers side line will be stretched beyond it's length if the shock is fully extended, my solution was to install one of the longer pieces on the drivers side between the shock and "T" where the lines connect near the pump this gives it more than plenty of room, passenger side is not a problem.

and do not order the Dorman air line set I couldn't get the lines to come apart even though it looked like they should come apart it appeared to be a one piece design.

Does the connection point on the new shock design move when the suspension cycles?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
normally even if was tight it shouldn't be a problem but it appeared to me that the line could get ripped out or it was just super tight being that the connector was moved.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the complaints I saw was that it would do that if they went flat. They shouldn’t go flat with a working system.
ya either way it was just tighter than I preferred over time I am sure it would wear thru the line from rubbing

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya either way it was just tighter than I preferred over time I am sure it would wear thru the line from rubbing
My lines are just about 20 years old so I figure I’d better do it as a maintenance item so they don’t just blow out on me at a bad time. Like there would be a good time lol.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have been chatting with Arnott a bit more asking about the AS-2708 and if they recharge them as new. I feel really good about them now. The exchange is below for reference:

upload_2021-2-25_11-0-11.png