Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been chatting with Arnott a bit more asking about the AS-2708 and if they recharge them as new. I feel really good about them now. The exchange is below for reference:

View attachment 271811
They definitely stand behind their products too. Customer service has always been great. You’ll be fine with those.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I realize its been a bit since I last updated. Work has been busy so no time to work on the car. But I since my last post, I have tried 2 new compressors. 1 more Dorman product and an arnott. Both will air up after I install them because the shocks will be empty. Then the first 2-3 starts after that I can hear the system exhaust a bit and turn on for the initial check. Since then the compressor has not ran again. Shocks are still full, but no compressor run on start up. I am lost at this point.

I am trying to get this resolved before spring as I tow our boat with this vehicle every weekend in the warm months.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I realize its been a bit since I last updated. Work has been busy so no time to work on the car. But I since my last post, I have tried 2 new compressors. 1 more Dorman product and an arnott. Both will air up after I install them because the shocks will be empty. Then the first 2-3 starts after that I can hear the system exhaust a bit and turn on for the initial check. Since then the compressor has not ran again. Shocks are still full, but no compressor run on start up. I am lost at this point.

I am trying to get this resolved before spring as I tow our boat with this vehicle every weekend in the warm months.
During the testing I have done lately I found that mine needed some time between tests to settle a bit before it would run the compressor again. How often are you checking for the compressor to run? Fortunately I have a tech2 scanner clone so I can see whats happening with the data. Mine is currently.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s probably fine. Load some weight on the back and see if it responds. Is the boat handy?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the shocks stay full of air there is no problem, it doesn't need to run.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
During the testing I have done lately I found that mine needed some time between tests to settle a bit before it would run the compressor again. How often are you checking for the compressor to run? Fortunately I have a tech2 scanner clone so I can see whats happening with the data. Mine is currently.

I usually let it sit for 30 mins or so before testing again.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s probably fine. Load some weight on the back and see if it responds. Is the boat handy?

unfortunately the boat is in storage an not accessible until at least April. I have added some weight to the rear and still nothing with the compressor. I will try more weight over the weekend and see what happens.

Reaction score
So like I said earlier, I replaced my leaking OE shocks in November. I noticed today about 6pm when I was looking over the wheels and tires that the air bladder was deflated. I last drove it yesterday about 3pm.

The air should hold in the system longer than that? My pump is OE and I've noticed lately that it seems to be louder and more of a rumble the few seconds it comes on when it's started.

I may replace the pump for good measure. What's the Dorman part # for that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So like I said earlier, I replaced my leaking OE shocks in November. I noticed today about 6pm when I was looking over the wheels and tires that the air bladder was deflated. I last drove it yesterday about 3pm.

The air should hold in the system longer than that? My pump is OE and I've noticed lately that it seems to be louder and more of a rumble the few seconds it comes on when it's started.

I may replace the pump for good measure. What's the Dorman part # for that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Believe my pump is the root cause of my issues. Arnott going on tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie