Autoride leveling help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blown bags in the shocks or leak in the airline. Take a picture of the shocks.

I'll take some pics tomorrow. I appreciate the help. Shocks are a couple months old, don't see any tears in the rubber. I didn't inspect the lines yet. But I originally only heard the clanking in cold weather which leads me to believe the system works in warmer weather (can't really test now bc it's so cold in NY). I'm wondering if something is freezing (height sensors) or if the cold air is just causing the system to malfunction. The ride height seems good so maybe that's causing the bags to not fill up?

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any help is appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out and might just start throwing money at the problem and try to get lucky. Does anyone think I should disconnect the battery for a few min, maybe the system will reset? When I poke at the rubber boots on the shocks, should they be hard or depress a little?

I included a pic to show that my ride height seems normal despite the problems. I also found some audi owners on forums complaining about a "Arnott Bilstein Clunk" noise, wonder if it is related.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3230.jpg
    IMG_3230.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: just packed a few guys in the truck and compressor kicked on and shock bladders are full!!! Do I need to adjust the height sensors maybe?

Edit: end of a 1.5 hr trip, everyone hopped out and I cut off the ignition, airbags weren't full.

Edit: I started the truck, compressor turned on and shocks filled. Had some people sit in the second row, it kicked on again. I squeezed the rubber on the shocks and they felt like they no longer had air in them (the drivers side felt empty and the passenger side felt like it had some air but not full. At this point I'm suspecting the air lines?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't want to jinx it but I hope this is my last post. I went under the truck in the dark with a headlight on and starting inspecting the air lines. I followed the line all the way back to the compressor and while I was gently moving it and looking for damage, it came off. Seems like it wasn't seated correctly and I pushed it back on and made sure it got on there tight and the rubber boot sealed. I turned the ignition on, pump kicked on and the shocks bladders filled with air. A half hour later I went back out and the bladders are still pumped up! Cross your fingers for me, and thanks to everyone for contributing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226