Automatic Wipers Not Working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah when you disconnect it, it works like typical intermittent wipers. Like you said, once you set the timing it will stay at that rate.

Thanks! And is it pretty clear how to get to the wiring behind the black box on the windshield? (I haven't examined mine -- and don't want to break anything it getting to it.) How exactly does the box come off?

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! And is it pretty clear how to get to the wiring behind the black box on the windshield? (I haven't examined mine -- and don't want to break anything it getting to it.) How exactly does the box come off?

You'll see once you look at it; it's pretty simple. The wires go into the unit on the passenger's side. Just unhook those, put the cover back on, and you should be good to go. I just tested this in my driveway and everything appears to be working; my wipers work just like regular wipers now.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you pull it off, there is a little sliding piece that goes into the headliner. Slide it down before you pull the cover off. There is a plug there I believe.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pop off by hand on the passenger side first. It comes off easily and you shouldn't have to force it.

TahoeZO6

Reaction score
For the 2010 Tahoe LTZ model, does AUTOMATIC meNan they come on once the sensor senses rain or do I have to have it in a setting?

In my Audis and my Volkswagen R32, my auto rain sensing wipers came on as soon as the sensor sense rain/snow.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there not an option in the dic to turn off the auto wiper?

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Some customers may not understand the DELAY positions on the wiper/washer switch, which are used to activate the AUTOMATIC rain sensing operating mode. The DELAY positions are also used to adjust the level of sensitivity to moisture accumulation, which determines the dwell time for commanding a wiper motor wipe cycle.

this is from our manuals. is it possible it's just not raining hard enough for them to cycle as much as you want them too?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the 2010 Tahoe LTZ model, does AUTOMATIC meNan they come on once the sensor senses rain or do I have to have it in a setting?

Yes, they come on when they sense rain/snow IF your truck is equipped. From what I read they removed the automatic wipers in the 2010's and newer.

I have had no problems with mine whatsoever, I love the feature.

TahoeZO6

Reaction score
Yes, they come on when they sense rain/snow IF your truck is equipped. From what I read they removed the automatic wipers in the 2010's and newer.

I have had no problems with mine whatsoever, I love the feature.

Thanks bro.

It does state that I have the Auto Wipers, I just don't know how to use them... do I need to set the wiper One Click?

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

It does state that I have the Auto Wipers, I just don't know how to use them... do I need to set the wiper One Click?

There are 5 clicks before it goes to always on (I believe there are at least... it might be 3), the further from "off" you go, the higher the sensitivity increases.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

to answer your question, yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01