Automatic Wipers Not Working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My automatic wipers on my 2007 Tahoe do not work. Whenever I have them on any speed setting, the only wipe once, then never again. The only way to get them to continually wipe is to set them on the highest or second highest speed (which is quite annoying when it's not raining that hard). All other speeds don't work. I've read around a lot on the web and can't find any solutions.

Does anyone know how I could fix this problem? Thanks for any help.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it seems like it is working. From your description, when it is not raining hard the wipers do not wipe that frequently. Try the same thing and pour water over the sensor on the windsheild.

For me it did not operate correctly (the way I wanted especially during winter or offroad) so I disconnected it and now it works like normal intermittent wiper.

OP
OP
U

ugadawgs311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it seems like it is working. From your description, when it is not raining hard the wipers do not wipe that frequently. Try the same thing and pour water over the sensor on the windsheild.

For me it did not operate correctly (the way I wanted especially during winter or offroad) so I disconnected it and now it works like normal intermittent wiper.

No, the wipers don't wipe at all. If it is pouring outside the wipers will not turn on at all unless I set the speed to the fastest or second-fastest speed. If I leave it on one of the lower speeds, it will not wipe. So my only option is no wiping or the fastest speed. I may just have to disconnect the automatic sensor.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's not right, it seems like the sensor is messed up. Just pop off the plastic sensor cover, unhook, and reinstall cover.

Let us know if that works.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rainsense wipers suck. My 07 denali did the same as you are experiencing, so did my dad's 08. Pull the cover off the black box above the rearview mirror, disconnect it, and they'll work like normal intermittent wipers.
Supposedly the sensors go bad but they are expensive and still may not fix the problem.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i think they have to work on them cause ppl that get snow it dont feel snow have to keep hitting the mist to see were im going. plus if u have a system and its rain i know it stops them from coming on.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's not right, it seems like the sensor is messed up. Just pop off the plastic sensor cover, unhook, and reinstall cover.

Let us know if that works.

So, when you disconnect them, instead of the stalk position determining "sensitivity," it controls the "interval," and wipes (say, every 3 seconds on a given setting) no matter the amount of rain? I think I'd much prefer that.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, when you disconnect them, instead of the stalk position determining "sensitivity," it controls the "interval," and wipes (say, every 3 seconds on a given setting) no matter the amount of rain? I think I'd much prefer that.

Yeah when you disconnect it, it works like typical intermittent wipers. Like you said, once you set the timing it will stay at that rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr