Audio Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drewdnb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here
I have a 2013 Yukon Denali.
It came with the factory Bose system.
At first I installed a JVC HU bought from Crutchfield and all the adapters to keep steering wheel controls, RSE, backup camera and factory amp.
It works great!
Then I added Infinity Kappa components to the front and rear ran off a 5 channel Pioneer amp that also pushes one 12 inch sub. I ran all new speaker wires from the amp and did not use any factory wires.
It worked great for a week and now only my front channel works on the amp. The rear and sub channels are dead.
Ground is good, power in is good, no protect light on amp. I ran 3 sets of RCA’s to the new amp (front,rear,sub)

“Question”…. Could the fact that I didn’t disconnect the factory amp have something to do with the aftermarket amp not working?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New here
I have a 2013 Yukon Denali.
It came with the factory Bose system.
At first I installed a JVC HU bought from Crutchfield and all the adapters to keep steering wheel controls, RSE, backup camera and factory amp.
It works great!
Then I added Infinity Kappa components to the front and rear ran off a 5 channel Pioneer amp that also pushes one 12 inch sub. I ran all new speaker wires from the amp and did not use any factory wires.
It worked great for a week and now only my front channel works on the amp. The rear and sub channels are dead.
Ground is good, power in is good, no protect light on amp. I ran 3 sets of RCA’s to the new amp (front,rear,sub)

“Question”…. Could the fact that I didn’t disconnect the factory amp have something to do with the aftermarket amp not working?
not if it worked for a week and then suddenly did not.
you probably need to swap the rca's around and verify the amp is getting input from all channels, if it is then verify the amp output at the amp and go from there.
protection light doesn't mean anything in this case if it died it died

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf