Atf service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the cooler line atf service as well as a new pan filter on our 11 hoe yesterday. Went pretty easy, despite reading everything and watching YouTube’s I was still surprised that the pan doesn’t fit off around the exhaust... oh well. Problem I ran into was a bit surprising. I disconnected the top cooler line like I’ve seen others do and ran a hose from the cooler line into my bucket. Ran a second, rigid 3/8OD hose/tube from the cooler fitting into the bucket. Well the damn thing kept blowing out of the cooler! Atf everywhere. More atf on driveway than in my bucket. Ended up getting an assistant to start/stop engine while I manually held the tube in the cooler fitting. Got the job done though.

Interestingly after replacing with 12qts of maxlife atf the throttle response feels better. It’s not a different vehicle but it’s a tangible improvement to light throttle driving... and this is not the first time I’ve noticed this with MaxLife. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just run better with clean oil and clean fluids. When I first brought mine home it was like a bronco trying to go in three different directions at once until all the fluids were changed and then harmony ensued!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n