So to bring some closure to this. Over the years I have had this "Reduced Engine Power" (REP) issue. So over the years I replaced the TB, the connector at the TB, foot pedal sensor, cleaned all the known ground problems, and pulled the TAC module connector to see if there was corrosion there as well. It worked until lately I started having the trouble again hence this post. Rockola, you had mentioned the TAC module up by the firewall. I couldn't remember messing with that but I finally remembered I did. So while the engine was running fine, I pressed up against the connector and it immediately went into REP Mode. I noticed immediately that the connector was moving. It turned out I never had it completely seated in there. Visually it appears I did, but the orange rubber seal was not seated and was fighting ( for lack of better words ) against the black connector clip in front. So for good measure, I took the connector apart to see if the any wires were broken. One by one I felt the wires to see if there is a break. Couldn't find one. I also pulled the TAC and just cleaned the connectors inside carefully. Instead of putting the system back together with the plastic cover, I simply plugged it in with just the orange seal and the wires straight up and down rather than bent to the side. It was then very solid. I order another from EBay for good measure and will replace it when I get it.
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Throttle Actuator Control Module TAC Pigtail GM 5.7L LS1 (97-05 Corvette) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
Before I did this on Tuesday, I drove 3 miles and had 3 episodes of REP as messing with the connector made it even worse. After the fix, yesterday I drove 250 miles with no issue at all.
So there is a moral to this story and it is pay careful attention to connectors as well! LOL Thanks for all the help once again!
You will note the culprit below and how I left it so that it stays on the TAC module.