Aspiring and First time owner of Tahoe from United Arab Emirates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Assalam Walaykum, everyone. Newbie here from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I’ve been lurking on this forums for few weeks now and doing some back reading particularly about the 2015-2018 Tahoe trucks as I am considering of getting one anytime soon. (Maybe next week once the Eid Holiday ends). Coming from a Honda Civic person to a Chevy Tahoe is really a big leap for me as I have zero knowledge when it comes to these trucks and I must say, this community really helped me a lot of what to consider buying or not eventhough it may be subjective. Honestly, I am a bit skeptical of the maintenance and gas consumption coming from a civic but I have to upgrade our ride since our family is growing. /facepalm

I already have a couple of mods in mind I want to do once the truck comes out next week. Im thinking of getting a Corsa Cat Back mufflers, Cold Air Intake and Headrest Monitors for my 2 daughters. About the headrest, what are the best brands out there that will be really compatible with a 2017 Tahoe?

Fait

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You made a great choice. Do you have access to a stereo shop?

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. You made a great choice. Do you have access to a stereo shop?
@Big Mama:

Thank you so much! I believe there are couple of stereo shops available here because I see lot of Filipinos who upgraded their car’s sound system and joining car shows. So maybe, I can get hold of those shops too but me as a their customer, this would be my first.

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jun!

No worry on the gas consumption on the 5.3 as I can get around 24 MPG out on the highway on 87 octane fuel. With a 26 gallon gas tank no need to stop for fuel often.

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jun!

No worry on the gas consumption on the 5.3 as I can get around 24 MPG out on the highway on 87 octane fuel. With a 26 gallon gas tank no need to stop for fuel often.
@Miami-Dade:

If my calculations are correct coming from my Honda Civic 1.8L engine, your 24 MPG is a month consumption already for me ror more.

Because, i fill up every week and thats roughly 250 miles (400+ kms). So, if I keep my driving habits with the Tahoe and replicate your 24 MPG, does that mean my 26 gallon can last me a month?

Because with my civic, it can hold 40 liters (10.5 gallon) only and drive 400+ kms in it. I hope I did my math correctly and if yes, then it must be really fuel efficient!

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Miami-Dade:

If my calculations are correct coming from my Honda Civic 1.8L engine, your 24 MPG is a month consumption already for me ror more.

Because, i fill up every week and thats roughly 250 miles (400+ kms). So, if I keep my driving habits with the Tahoe and replicate your 24 MPG, does that mean my 26 gallon can last me a month?

Because with my civic, it can hold 40 liters (10.5 gallon) only and drive 400+ kms in it. I hope I did my math correctly and if yes, then it must be really fuel efficient!

On the highway [all highway] can go anywhere from 450-550 miles on a tank of fuel. That is with the a/c constantly on. Never figured out how much it burns in local stop and go traffic as there is a lot of gridlock in my neck of the woods.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Assalam Walaykum, everyone. Newbie here from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I’ve been lurking on this forums for few weeks now and doing some back reading particularly about the 2015-2018 Tahoe trucks as I am considering of getting one anytime soon. (Maybe next week once the Eid Holiday ends). Coming from a Honda Civic person to a Chevy Tahoe is really a big leap for me as I have zero knowledge when it comes to these trucks and I must say, this community really helped me a lot of what to consider buying or not eventhough it may be subjective. Honestly, I am a bit skeptical of the maintenance and gas consumption coming from a civic but I have to upgrade our ride since our family is growing. /facepalm

I already have a couple of mods in mind I want to do once the truck comes out next week. Im thinking of getting a Corsa Cat Back mufflers, Cold Air Intake and Headrest Monitors for my 2 daughters. About the headrest, what are the best brands out there that will be really compatible with a 2017 Tahoe?

Fait
You might consider keeping the stock intake or getting a pod filter prefilter like they use on the funco buggies. I don't know if your area of Dubai is particularly sandy, but where I live we have a bunch of sand from the dunes- and the fabric filters that come on the cold air intakes let a lot of the smaller particles through which isn't good. Something like this 51ThmopSgKL._SX466_.jpg

I don't know how hard something like that would be to find in your part of the world, but any place that deals with the Funco Buggies will be able to help you find one that will fit the filter that comes with your cold air intake.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You might consider keeping the stock intake or getting a pod filter prefilter like they use on the funco buggies. I don't know if your area of Dubai is particularly sandy, but where I live we have a bunch of sand from the dunes- and the fabric filters that come on the cold air intakes let a lot of the smaller particles through which isn't good. Something like this 51ThmopSgKL._SX466_.jpg

I don't know how hard something like that would be to find in your part of the world, but any place that deals with the Funco Buggies will be able to help you find one that will fit the filter that comes with your cold air intake.
Have this on mine.20190127_150929.jpg

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

@R3cord303 ill look into that suggestion. I am sure it would be available also in the peformance shops here in Dubai but if installing that filter will defeat the purpose of the CAI, then I guess it is just a waste of money getting the whole CAI. Thanks for mentioning that and have to reconsider the fact that it gets really dusty here especially when there is a sand storm.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
@R3cord303 ill look into that suggestion. I am sure it would be available also in the peformance shops here in Dubai but if installing that filter will defeat the purpose of the CAI, then I guess it is just a waste of money getting the whole CAI. Thanks for mentioning that and have to reconsider the fact that it gets really dusty here especially when there is a sand storm.
Its not going to defeat the purpose. IIRC on the 2015+ generation the Z71 package comes with a larger airbox making the CAIs less of a ‘requirement’.

If it were me- i’d do a full exhaust and get a tune. Maybe see about a truck cam if you’re wanting more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts