Aspiring and First time owner of Tahoe from United Arab Emirates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. It’s going to be a very nice upgrade going from a Civic to a Tahoe! You’ll love it. As far as you’re headrest screen question, my guess is the Escalade screen headrest might (might) work. Something for you to research. However a better option is to just get a Tahoe with the factory installed roof drop down screens. Have you considered that? And happy Eid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its not going to defeat the purpose. IIRC on the 2015+ generation the Z71 package comes with a larger airbox making the CAIs less of a ‘requirement’.

If it were me- i’d do a full exhaust and get a tune. Maybe see about a truck cam if you’re wanting more.
@R3cord303 great then, because we are getting the LT Z71 midnight edition. I can save the money for other things. I will stick to the Corsa Cat back for now.

Welcome. It’s going to be a very nice upgrade going from a Civic to a Tahoe! You’ll love it. As far as you’re headrest screen question, my guess is the Escalade screen headrest might (might) work. Something for you to research. However a better option is to just get a Tahoe with the factory installed roof drop down screens. Have you considered that? And happy Eid.
@GTNator: Thanks, sir! I cant wait to get hold of the Tahoe, couldn’t sleep these past few days as we are very excited already. About the roofdrop monitor, unfortunately the unit we are getting doesnt have it that is why I am very eager just getting the headrest monitors. I emailed Chevy’s accessories and parts department about it and they quoted me that a pair of headrest monitors are going to cost me 11,500 dirhams or 3,150USD. Is it really this expensive or the casa is just too much overpriced?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
@R3cord303 great then, because we are getting the LT Z71 midnight edition. I can save the money for other things. I will stick to the Corsa Cat back for now.

@GTNator: Thanks, sir! I cant wait to get hold of the Tahoe, couldn’t sleep these past few days as we are very excited already. About the roofdrop monitor, unfortunately the unit we are getting doesnt have it that is why I am very eager just getting the headrest monitors. I emailed Chevy’s accessories and parts department about it and they quoted me that a pair of headrest monitors are going to cost me 11,500 dirhams or 3,150USD. Is it really this expensive or the casa is just too much overpriced?

I was incorrect- the z71 package just got a filter with more pleats- not a larger airbox. Go for the CAI with a prefilter

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update!

Finally, was able to get the ‘17 Tahoe last night and coming from a Honda Civic guy, I am blown away with all the technologies in it from the auto dimming lights, dash panel etc.

Just have a question, how do I know if my truck has a ‘Memory Seat’ feature? I tried googling and I saw all videos that they have a Set 1/Set2 buttons on the driver side door and mine doesn’t have it. Is there anywhere else I need to be looking for other ways to do it?

Is this an LS or LT thing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
set/1/2/exit would be on drivers door

i have a 2015 burb & its located on bottom half of door , above thespeaker & by the storage pocket

others are located above window switch

OP
OP
Fait

Fait

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
set/1/2/exit would be on drivers door

i have a 2015 burb & its located on bottom half of door , above thespeaker & by the storage pocket

others are located above window switch
@gat0r sorry, i didn’t realize till you posted that I made a typo error. Yes, I am talking about the driver side, no set 1/2 buttons. So, i don’t have that feature? Sucks not to have it!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know i have seen some LT's w/ it.
guess there is a certain pkg to get it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be able to look up (or have someone look up) your VIN # to determine that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel