Ashy faded rear black emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my oem rear emblem about 3 years ago with a black one and it has come to look like this. I have used all sorts of products on it over time to restore it to no avail. Different polishes and things mostly but nothing has brought it back to black.

I don’t want to do vinyl as the strips are skinny and as the weather cycles, it won’t look the best. Hand painting is probably my last resort.

Anyone go thru this have an easy fix or know of a seller of this emblem in black that has stood the test of time, before I test my steady hand? The emblem is quality, just the paint is bad.

Thanks

33F3CED9-A127-46DB-896F-9D919BD67EA1.jpg

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an OEM accessory or aftermarket? I realize that black emblems ordered with vehicles are still physically installed at the dealership rather than the factory.

OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an OEM accessory or aftermarket? I realize that black emblems ordered with vehicles are still physically installed at the dealership rather than the factory.
Aftermarket - I added it.

OP
OP
Pivot

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for our burb, i looked at the GM availability...price was high for my liking, and the ones i saw...i didnt like the rough texture.

i cannot complain about the AMI badges, i have the rear for burb painted resting on a shelf in the garage. numerous people have asked about it.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this one... mine have all been bowties, these were painted and then stored for a few weeks until install. i wish AMI offered them like this...or maybe not

Resized_20201108_192104.jpg

This is a GMC logo, but did not end up using it, liked it better with out.

IMG_04271.jpg

IMG_04321.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put me at the head of the line when that 1500 is for sale. I had a black 81 Silverado step side with a 450 hp 383 with the same color combo. I miss her.