ascendant audio smd 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bino2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to upgrade subs soon, and im curious if anyone has had any experience with these? are the sound quality loud woofers? are they strictly spl subs?

Thanks!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mostly SPL...want daily bump, I'd look at doing a dual 12" or maybe 3 10's setup. What are you after?

OP
OP
B

bino2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mostly SPL...want daily bump, I'd look at doing a dual 12" or maybe 3 10's setup. What are you after?

im upgrading my to 2 more memphis mc2500's, so i can burp my two mojo's are 10,000 rms. However, knowing how i am, im going to want a sub that can take more power for daily listening to. And i've seen meade's vidoes where he has 5000 rms per sub in his tahoe, but i wasn't sure how they sounded. My buddy told me those subs music quality sucked, but he is just going by what he has heard. He thinks i should run two nightshade 18's or switch to incriminator

mrrairai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the SMD is strictly an SPL sub. I mean Steve runs them and I've been in communication with Steve for over 10 years back when he was running Fosgate 15s in the Civic and I don't see him ever running a strictly SPL sub.

OP
OP
B

bino2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the SMD is strictly an SPL sub. I mean Steve runs them and I've been in communication with Steve for over 10 years back when he was running Fosgate 15s in the Civic and I don't see him ever running a strictly SPL sub.

thanks for the input. I didnt think they were either, but i heard someone say that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts