Arnot shox...Getting higher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had installed new Arnott shox with autoride support to match OEM function. Found that front become almost 1" higher. Does anybody knows the reason?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DO NOT buy those. THEY DO NOt replace internals all they do is replace the air bag. the core section of the shock is untouched so all you are doing is buying a shock that has been repainted and might have 120k miles on it but new air bag on it.

OP
OP
pmexpert

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT buy those. THEY DO NOt replace internals all they do is replace the air bag. the core section of the shock is untouched so all you are doing is buying a shock that has been repainted and might have 120k miles on it but new air bag on it.

I checked everything with special stand that is used for suspension testing. Everything is absolutely fine with them. You are absolutely right, they taking the shox and puting an airbag. But shox are new and made by Bilstein. It's not OEM. I kept them a lot in my hands. Rods and bushing had not even a small wear... You can pull down upper part of airbag to see rods condition. Don't think they chromed rods to make them like new:) And front shocks are just made by Bilstein. I was really surprised by compressor supplied. It's really quite and makes its job very quick.
I can place photos here if you wish :)
By the way, new shox are not MagneRide

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had installed new Arnott shox with autoride support to match OEM function. Found that front become almost 1" higher. Does anybody knows the reason?

Did ONLY the front get higher? Did the rear stay exactly the same as before the replacement?

And did you only replace the front shocks?

OP
OP
pmexpert

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did ONLY the front get higher? Did the rear stay exactly the same as before the replacement?

And did you only replace the front shocks?

It seems that only front got higher. Now the distance from fender to tyre in the front and rear are almost the same. Previously rear was a bit higher than front. I replaced rear+front+compressor

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
snap ring area is set higher up on them so inturn truck sits higher.

OP
OP
pmexpert

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snap ring area is set higher up on them so inturn truck sits higher.

Likely you are right. OEMs spring seaters are lower. So Arnotts with ring is approx 1" higher... Thus it wasn't so easy to install. Need unplug upper ball-bearing to put them on place

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pm me ill tell you how to fix it ive dealt with this before.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
mine was the same way, thats why we opted to remove them and replace with the drop belltech ones

pita

no this is a $15 dollar mod ive been doing for years on local guys trucks who want to save money and lower up to 2 inches more on stock shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9