Are Yukon condensors an issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobypine2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2016 Tahoe with 100K on it, but have been looking for a Suburban or Yukon XL since we added another foster kid. A 2018 Yukon XL just came available, with about 38K miles and it's Certified, but apparently needs a new condenser, which they say is on order. Are these known issues? I'm ready to jump on this and let them swap it, but just want to know if it's something I might have to do again later.
Thanks

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was an issue with the condensers cracking on the K2XX platform, just recently had to do it n my 2016 Tahoe. I had my local shop put in a quality aftermarket one and it works fine and was reasonable on the cost. One it is replaced you should be good to go,

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 2016 Tahoe with 100K on it, but have been looking for a Suburban or Yukon XL since we added another foster kid. A 2018 Yukon XL just came available, with about 38K miles and it's Certified, but apparently needs a new condenser, which they say is on order. Are these known issues? I'm ready to jump on this and let them swap it, but just want to know if it's something I might have to do again later.
Thanks
The Condenser in my 2016 Tahoe went out at 80K miles. The dealer changed it out the next day.

Have no idea if it will go out again but right now [knock on wood] have 150K miles. My a/c is on all the time as I never drive with the windows down. If I had to wait for a Condenser I would get one from a different source immediately.

But that is just me.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless it has be replaced, it will die. Plan on it. Around $1,000 to $1,300 to be cool again.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's like asking if a bear poops in the woods.
GM sent out letters to owners saying they would cover condensers on certain vehicles that were identified to have been installed with the faulty units, up to a certain number of years or mileage. Of course mine tanked after that period.
You can get a replacement and install it yourself, especially if the refrigerant is all gone. Best bet is to go to a local store and get a new one, not Rock Auto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts