Are you going to re-lease?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
I have about 6mths left on the lease on my 16 Denali, but I'm already over mileage so I'm starting to shop around. I don't want to lock into another 39month with the potential new body style right around the corner. What else are you looking at? I'm looking at a few other options but only the Range Rover Sport and X6 have piqued my interest. I wish 24mth was the standard.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was your lease on Denali and down payment

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
2k down, 885/mth 39/12k. Not great but was trading in an SLT that was over mileage only half way through the lease.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would ask them for an extension to carry you over to the new body style coming out this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 6mths left on the lease on my 16 Denali, but I'm already over mileage so I'm starting to shop around. I don't want to lock into another 39month with the potential new body style right around the corner. What else are you looking at? I'm looking at a few other options but only the Range Rover Sport and X6 have piqued my interest. I wish 24mth was the standard.
Volvo has some nice SUVs and all wheel drive wagons. They also have a subscription service which puts you in a car for 24 months for a flat fee including maintenance and insurance.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why lease when you can buy lease are expensive ... and at the end you have no equity not say how one should mange there money but when you lease for 6 yr you spent around 68k money down the drain if you bought and it old at six year you still have money in your pocket

Last edited:

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned in my 2016 Yukon Denali last fall. Here's a couple things I learned: 1) GM will extend your lease, not sure for how long though. 2) Take advantage of the pre-turn in vehicle assessment. I did not as I thought I took very good care of the vehicle - big mistake. A few small scratches were charged to me even though they should be normal wear and tear (received bill a month after turning in). Also, I installed uprated Michelin tires with higher speed rating than stock, was gigged for a new set of tires as I had the "wrong speed rating". The list goes on...

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP - From what you've said here from your last 2 vehicles it sounds like you drive too much to be leasing a vehicle. That's exactly why I don't lease, I average 25-30K miles a year.

Turned in my 2016 Yukon Denali last fall. Here's a couple things I learned: 1) GM will extend your lease, not sure for how long though. 2) Take advantage of the pre-turn in vehicle assessment. I did not as I thought I took very good care of the vehicle - big mistake. A few small scratches were charged to me even though they should be normal wear and tear (received bill a month after turning in). Also, I installed uprated Michelin tires with higher speed rating than stock, was gigged for a new set of tires as I had the "wrong speed rating". The list goes on...

This is comical at best, and another reason why I do not lease. The whole sending you a bill to repair some small scratches?!?!? Yet I'd be willing to bet if you go to that car dealerships lot you'll find used vehicles that were "lease turn-ins" with the same amount and/or worse "scratches". Unreal...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP - From what you've said here from your last 2 vehicles it sounds like you drive too much to be leasing a vehicle. That's exactly why I don't lease, I average 25-30K miles a year.

This is comical at best, and another reason why I do not lease. The whole sending you a bill to repair some small scratches?!?!? Yet I'd be willing to bet if you go to that car dealerships lot you'll find used vehicles that were "lease turn-ins" with the same amount and/or worse "scratches". Unreal...
I bet they charge you and don't even have them fixed.

daryl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like you're a lease candidate. Negotiate, buy, drive, sell. These things sell fast when you're ready to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989