Anyway to make cigarette lighter power turn off when truck is off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
OK, so my question is: Anyway to make cigarette lighter power turn off when truck is off?
The reason I want to do this is so that my ****** 9500ix will get shut off when I turn my Tahoe off and I don't have to unplug it every time I get out of my car. My old Jeep shut power off to it when I shut the car off.

Any help is Great, Thanks

BTW, I have an '04 Tahoe LT

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can cut the orange wire on the back of the cig socket and splice it into the brown accessory wire on the ignition harness.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Or you can just hardwire the 9500ix to the fusebox with their kit on the website, hides wires and it will shutoff when the car is off.
I know becuase I plan on getting one soon!

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
you can easily hardwire to the fuse box. i also changed one of my cigarette lighter plugs to be ACC power, just nicer when running auxiliary items and not having to remember to unplug it every time you get out.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, But my problem now is the ****** 9500ix has a button i need to mute/Control the GPS on it. WIth a hardwire connection designed for it, where is the best place to put this:
direct6.jpg

Also What fuse do I connect it to? Pics would be helpful too and if anyone has done this so I can see remote location and your install.
Thanks! I have a 04 Tahoe LT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n