Anyone using a filtermag on their oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my 350 rebuilt this week, already ordered a test kit from Blackstone labs to send them an oil sample at my first 3k mile oil change, but I'm also wondering if I should pick up a Filtermag SS300 for my oil filter? Wondering if they are actually helpful, or just a gimmick. Friend of mine says most of the harmful stuff in the oil isn't magnetic, so it won't help that much. Other people (like my boss) swear by them. Not sure who to believe :whymewhyme:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not really worth it if you have good filter efficiency and quality oil. after a good engine life time a engine block will only loose less the a once of metal and i think even that is a very long shot. were are only talking thousandths of an inch all over.

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing about them is that they don't hurt anything to use them.

If you feel better using one and don't mind the cost, then you should use it. But keep in mind that the drain plug is magnetized and a good quality filter (as suggested above) will stop most anything that gets in the oil.

Now, if we were talking about silly things like a throttle body spacer or the Tornado intake thingy well...then it'd be a different story.

OP
OP
K

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys consider a good quality oil filter? I've been using Castrol Edge synthetic and PureONE oil filters.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mobil one filters and mobil one oil. Acdelco is a good brand for oil filters. i dont replace my oil filter every change. i do the oil filter every two oil changes.

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PureOne are made by Purolator. Good filter. Are there better? Yeah, probably. Worse? Oh yeah! Stick with what you're using. You can't go wrong unless you never change the oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen