Anyone use these halo projectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the chrome DEPO's for my tahoe and ddm 55w and they are doing fine to me, pretty damn good cutoff too compared to stock lights.. I'm not a big fan of the halo's only looks good on bimers to me.. but to each his own ya know lol

where'd you get the depos from?

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same headlights (except black). I have HIDs and they have a very good cutoff. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them...

mrtrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had sum bout 2 yrs ago...after about a yr they started condensating, then after 18 months the bulbs went out, then the halos started fading away..sure they look different @ 1st but like evryone was tryin to tell me several yrs ago...just get hid's...I finally did & I think they look waaay better on my truck...

but if u insist....when condensation does start, u can do this little trick....
from a paper towel, tear up little pieces of the paper towel.roll up little pieces into little balls, dump'em inside the plastic housing let them roll around wicking up all the condensation and dump! takes about 5 minutes

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, if you're going to go with Halo's, replace the LED halo's with CCFL's. Much brighter, longer lasting.

i have halos, took em out, lights output was no good. But they did look cool, to me, but i was looking into the ccfl's instead. That would make them look alot better, w/ the retro im going to do..

Anyone know how hard those are to install? take light apart, take halo out, put in ccfl halo and done? (right?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is all this CCFL talk???

Edit: I got it. Cold cathodes, right? I can't believe I didn't know about those already! I don't mod my boxes though.

How are you supposed to use those for halos though?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NagsHeadTahoe