Anyone tried one of these???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdiacont322

Reaction score
fyremanpat- you should be the guinuea pig and try it out lol. What year is your tahoe btw? wonder if it will work on my 97 5.7.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if you know about this or what but if you want a big improvement in throttle response remove the restrictor plate riveted to your throttle body. its free and it works

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if you know about this or what but if you want a big improvement in throttle response remove the restrictor plate riveted to your throttle body. its free and it works

Restrictor plate? Where is it on the TB?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alters the fuel/air signal to the computer ... You can build those yourself with parts from Radio Shack ...

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
fyremanpat- you should be the guinuea pig and try it out lol. What year is your tahoe btw? wonder if it will work on my 97 5.7.

my truck is a 99

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

im assuming youre referring to the throttle plate blades...my tb doesnt have them

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Alters the fuel/air signal to the computer ... You can build those yourself with parts from Radio Shack ...

what parts are they?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what parts are they?

The one I saw was a potentiometer that altered the MAF signal to the ECU. I'm not an electronics whiz, a guy I work with is, he could probably tell ya what you need. I've seen ones that alter the O2 sensor signal in the same way. They both "trick" the computer into thinking you are getting more air/running lean and thus deliver more fuel.

mdiacont322

Reaction score
i have a machined throttle body on my truck (with the shaved restrictor)- 97 vortec 5.7... havent noticed a difference in throttle response, but it definitley helps with power. got it off ebay for like $140. only problem is the manifold is smaller than the TB so im thinking about buying a plenum out of a junkyard and making it the right size for better performance.

im running the TB, superchips flashpaq, open cats, and spectre CAI and im averaging almost 15 mpgs.

stuntmanray385

Full Access Member
Reaction score

how do you remove the restritor plate? where is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10