Anyone tow HEAVY with a Yukon XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at 3 2500 Yukon XL- All complete rusty POS- Look good in pics....

Last one was a 2011 that had MORE rust than any onther. Corner of the rear tailgate was GONE, AC didnt work, and they wanted 15k....... It needed 5k of work minimum.

Looked at a 2008 Denali That an OCD owner kept mint..... but they had an pending offer on it already :-(

mang213

Reaction score
I didn't have a Denali XL, but my old 2008 Tahoe Z71 had to tow my buddy's 29 ft Regal and we encountered some big hills to go up. The distance wasn't that far, it was within 20 miles. But the hills were a *****. Still, even though we exceeded the tow rating by more than a thousand pounds, I never felt unsafe. I was very careful and didn't let myself get into a situation where I was getting the brakes too hot. But the longer wheelbase of the XL should clean up the handling issues that I was having in the Tahoe. I didn't have a weight distributing hitch or anything, and I didn't have trailer brakes either. To the original poster, you seem careful and thoughtful enough to make a Denali XL work just fine. Do the appropriate brake and suspension upgrades, add a Tru-cool 40k trans cooler, and get a tune. That Denali XL will work for you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401