Anyone successful ordering a Denali w/no sunroof & 2nd row bench?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello from Minneapolis! I’ve been lurking the last several months and finally decided to properly join. I went yesterday to custom-order a 21 Yukon Denali (short wheelbase) and ended up dead in the water. I am trying to get an order in for a second row bench and no sunroof. As many here may have experienced, one can only get a second row bench with the Premium Package or Ultimate Package. My dealer searched the entire country, going back to the first orders for Yukon’s and could only find one example of this configuration but it was not in production yet. Ugh. Why does GM have to make this SOOO difficult?!?

Also if anyone is on the fence about the adaptive air ride suspension, it’s a MUST-BUY in my opinion. I drove a standard magnetic ride back to back with the adaptive air and found the standard suspension pitched and dove a ton more than the adaptive. I’m coming from a long line of BMW and Audi SUV ownership and at first just thought that it was just the way this monster SUV would ride (standard suspension) and I’d just have to get used to it. Then I drove the adaptive air suspension. WOW! Second-best riding SUV I have ever driven, second to a BMW X7 loaner I had last year. So much more planted, stable and level through curves. I was even able to “pitch” it around some tight cloverleaf curves (as much as one can pitch a 3 ton SUV)!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were some pre packaged trucks that the only choices you could change were colors. I just built custom Tahoe No sunroof and but with a split bench rear.

Jsenky

Reaction score
Did you try a yukon? Gmc might have some different ordering configurations.

the at4 has a bench seat standard but also has the sunroof too.

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks All- heart is set on the Denali so I guess it's "wait and see" for when they cut out this forced-option nonsense.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks All- heart is set on the Denali so I guess it's "wait and see" for when they cut out this forced-option nonsense.
From a manufacturing standpoint, these “forced options” are a necessity. I’m sure if you asked the dealer what it would cost to make this deal happen, they can give you a price, but it won’t be what you want to hear. Through out my career designing truck equipment in the $15K price range and automated machines in the $1.2M price range, we offered standard option packages for one price, but if the customer wanted to go to Burger King and have it their way by ordering ala crate, we charged significantly more because our processes, purchasing agreements with our suppliers and our engineering drawings were set up to support our standard packages. Anything outside of that required more effort, thus more cost.

A few years ago I bought a mini-split A/C unit for my house and the quote listed a heat exchanger that allowed it to put out heat in the winter. I asked what it would cost without the heat option as I was never going to use it. The cost almost doubled because it would be a non-standard option.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forced options are my pet peeve coming from an earlier era of car buying. Until I can get the mix of options I want in a package that doesn't include black headliner and carpet I will wait. Fortunately for me trading at this time is an option though if I could get what I want I would choose to buy.

Taking the situation at face value they can't afford to sell $80k automobiles appointed the way buyers would prefer. This is more than unfortunate it's ludicrous.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quoting from the online order guide, dated November 2, 2021, it says that RPO ATT 60/40 split second row seat is an option available on all 5SA Yukon Denali. It is not available on those equipped with RPO DHC power-sliding center console. RPO C3U sunroof is optional on all 5SA Yukon Denali, but required on those with RPO PDK Denali Premium Package or RPO PEC Denali Ultimate Package.

Dogged

Reaction score
I ordered and have a bench in my Denali. I don't think it required any package, but I waited months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC