Anyone replace the window felt & door jam rubber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratled

Reaction score
The window on one of my rigs the felt is need of reconditioning or replacing and the other has a door jam rubber that is the same.

The felt has a ton of grit in it and is scratching the glass. I have buffed it out nicely but it comes back fairly quickly so its time to fix the issue not the symptom - I can't seem to get the grit out.

The rubber on the passenger door has a slight whistle but otherwise is in good condition.

Just wondering if anyone has reconditioned these or replaced them. If so how did you precondition them or the source for replacements

Thanks
ratled

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought an S-10 Blazer in '92, the GM mechanic at the dealer suggested it was a good idea to apply a silicone-based (suggested dielectric grease) grease and wipe it off to condition door seals once or twice a year. He said wipe them down to get road dirt off, apply a little of the silicone grease to the seal, rub it in a little and wipe excess off. He said it keeps them nice and soft.

It could have all been a myth... I don't know. I haven't bothered doing this since 1995. But it did seem to make the door seals good while I had it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The silicone based grease is no myth, for sure. I do mine two times a year and that grease can be bought at any parts store. Best to apply when first install new. Not for the window felt though. You can get all needed parts at Rock Auto or at https://www.lmctruck.com/. Pretty easy to install. I also do this maintenance to the seals on my sun roof.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could use a pair for the front doors. mine dont do jack. dont even touch the glass no more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia