Anyone make a toolbox from the shallow cargo box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shock

Reaction score
Has anyone done anything creative with the shallow rear cargo box?

I was thinking about getting some of that pick N pluck foam and putting some basic tools back there. I want to avoid any rattles for sure.

I keep a full set of tools in my silverado, but I don’t have to listen to them when they’re in a truck bed. I drive it if I’m specifically thinking I’ll need tools, but would be nice to have a few things in the Hoe when something comes up.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some tools back there but I don't hear them if they do rattle. The pick and pull foam is a great idea.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that pick and pull foam, pretty neat.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep a m12 impact stubby, an impact socket set, a kobalt socket set, tow straps, and my hitch pin and plug on one side. I have gun related accessories on the other side. And where the factor jack is, I have the tow hitch wrapped in a towel in there.

markni12301

Reaction score
I keep a m12 impact stubby, an impact socket set, a kobalt socket set, tow straps, and my hitch pin and plug on one side. I have gun related accessories on the other side. And where the factor jack is, I have the tow hitch wrapped in a towel in there.
Noob is not a noob! Nice!

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob is not a noob! Nice!
I forgot I have two bundles of paradors in there also with the jack. And I have arthritis issues which removing the lugs can get difficult, but not with the m12 stubby. I learned something though, the m12 with a standard battery can remove lugs ogg my wife's Acura but not my Escalade. But with the XC battery it takes off the escalade battery with ease.

I also keep a plug kit in the trunk tray too. No rattling issues but then again it's pretty packed in there.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that cargo box, stops you from loading anything large.
for sale if interested!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094