Anyone know how to program the remotes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need to go somewhere so i can test the fob.. i know autozone used to have a lil dilly thingy by the register that u could aim ur fob at to see if the batt was good..... i heard somewhere where somebody stated somethin could mess up in th bcm but i dunno

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
my original fob stopped working as the metal piece holding the battery had a crack in one of the soder points. I tried to resoder but it didnt work. Order a new one with matching numbers, worked awesome. Got it off ebay for $17

Rick

Reaction score
did this to my truck while on a road trip to the inlaws. must of looked over this site for at least an hour with no resolve. then googled it. first web page had the instructions. worked like a charm for me. still dont know why both my fobs stopped working. as stated above this should def be a sticky!

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my original fob stopped working as the metal piece holding the battery had a crack in one of the soder points. I tried to resoder but it didnt work. Order a new one with matching numbers, worked awesome. Got it off ebay for $17

ha ha ha lemme guess.. it was the tab on the inner most area that held the batt.... i just pryed my fob and low and behold ,,,,, broken joint..... imma try and re-solder this while im at work later on today.... but atleast i know whats up with this hunk of plastic on my desk.. thanks man for savin me some gas goin to the parts store lol:Handshake:

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
ha ha ha lemme guess.. it was the tab on the inner most area that held the batt.... i just pryed my fob and low and behold ,,,,, broken joint..... imma try and re-solder this while im at work later on today.... but atleast i know whats up with this hunk of plastic on my desk.. thanks man for savin me some gas goin to the parts store lol:Handshake:

Exactly, same one. I was told you need a special soder gun (lower heat) for electrical boards but you may already know that. Trying to find the link to the fob I bought on ebay for $17. Great deal and well worth it.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FIC numbers of the remotes have to match. When I got mine form this ebay seller they listed a set of FIC ID numbers that would work. But i just tried the process and it didnt work. Even with me holding the unlock button down the locks cycle everytime i turn the key to off position....anyone have this problem? Also im still trying to find out if the KEY is a transponder key or not.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
The FIC numbers of the remotes have to match. When I got mine form this ebay seller they listed a set of FIC ID numbers that would work. But i just tried the process and it didnt work. Even with me holding the unlock button down the locks cycle everytime i turn the key to off position....anyone have this problem? Also im still trying to find out if the KEY is a transponder key or not.

I found that the numbers had to match. I could get the locks to cycle with a non numbers matching fob but not when I I hit the last two steps.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My numbers match as well but the process just didnt work..i guess off to the dealer i go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87