Anyone have any luck with the Amazon $116 dollar shorty headers for the 5.3lt Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Amazon has a few different shorty headers from a few different sellers.

One of them is the 1 5/8 inlet shortys for only $116 bucks.

Others are $163

Of course kooks for $500 plus.

I’ve kind of got my eye on the MNA ones for $116 dollars.
I actually found MNA’s mailing address and phone number and they seem to be a legitimate company out of California.
You can actually call and speak to a person there.

Although they have pretty bad yelp reviews.

MNA makes and sells turbo kits and all types of exhaust and seem to stay pretty busy.

Might be worth it for $116 bucks.
I’d prob get some dorman exhaust manifold studs and some decent gaskets.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shorty headers are what we have already but in cast iron. The only real difference will be more noise because of the thinner material. @badandyturbo bought longtubes from Amazon and did a write up on them here and I've seen his truck run at the race track and it runs real good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KA5VCO...olid=3MYY1OQK1UL4M&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

These things change prices like a commodity, I've seen them just over $100 and now they're $350. If memory serves, this is what Andy is running on his PPV.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What James said. No change in performance, increased chance of leaks, more noise and heat radiation into the engine bay... And you're PAYING to undertake these issues.

OP
OP
B

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
That’s a good point Dwight.

Gonna pass on that idea.

Sorry to have wasted a thread.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What James said. No change in performance, increased chance of leaks, more noise and heat radiation into the engine bay... And you're PAYING to undertake these issues.

I'll be going with kooks, my oem are so rotted it's not worth going back to I'm and kooks are about the same price. And I want to upgrade to stage 8 licking bolts.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be going with kooks, my oem are so rotted it's not worth going back to I'm and kooks are about the same price. And I want to upgrade to stage 8 licking bolts.

Shorties?

I've used the Stage8 bolts. I like them.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on shorty headers, no difference between them and the already good flowing exhaust manifold you have now. But a good set of longtubes or go without. It really depends on your useage of the vehicle. Pacesetter has a nice set of long tubes that won't set you back to bad been then you can always spend $1k+ on a set of kooks or another overly expensive units. Then you need to decide on a Y pipe and to run cats or not. It's a slippery slope...you have been warned!

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with my Amazon long tubes. I have no issues with them. They are over a year old now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645