Anyone Have A Referral / Recommendation for Transport / Shipped from Dallas / Spring to Cali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Looking to bring an Esky from Dallas / Spring, TX to Cali via a Transpo Co via truck. My jaw hit the floor watching the news on the Corona virus outbreak in NorCal and an airline stewardess at LAX diagnosed w/ it last night. Doesn't seem like good time for train, plane and hotel travel eh?

I took a quick look on the interwebs and it's all hit and miss as the Transpo Companies only seem as good as the their subcontractors.

It's gonna happen in the next couple of days so post em up please (2-28-20). and ... TYF / Google didn't reveal any previous threads on this under transportation to tag on to unfortunately. This will be a good parking spot for anyone else in need of a carrier in the future.

This has been x posted on the NNBS / 07-14 forum too ... https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...rt-shipped-from-dallas-spring-to-cali.117358/

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Looking to bring an Esky from Dallas / Spring, TX to Cali via a Transpo Co via truck. My jaw hit the floor watching the news on the Corona virus outbreak in NorCal and an airline stewardess at LAX diagnosed w/ it last night. Doesn't seem like good time for train, plane and hotel travel eh?

I took a quick look on the interwebs and it's all hit and miss as the Transpo Companies only seem as good as the their subcontractors.

It's gonna happen in the next couple of days so post em up please (2-28-20). and ... TYF / Google didn't reveal any previous threads on this under transportation to tag on to unfortunately. This will be a good parking spot for anyone else in need of a carrier in the future.

This has been x posted on the NNBS / 07-14 forum too ... https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...rt-shipped-from-dallas-spring-to-cali.117358/

I used AmeriFreight. They are a broker, not a carrier. The require to be listed on the carrier's insurance, so if theres a claim, they deal with it, not you. I was about $1500 from Yuma to Chicago.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring is in metro Houston, not Dallas. The two are about 4 hours apart by car.

Probably won't change the $ answer but could get ahead of some confusion.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last year I had my Callaway Yukon shipped from Old Lyme, CT to Minneapolis, MN using RITE WAY Auto Transport. They were fast and reasonable for a fully contained car hauler (the cheap ones will have an exposed trailer). Contact [email protected] or 954-369-1197. I think I paid about $2K.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely have some unscrupulous folks in that business so do your homework and get references. A co-worker had a car delivered through a broker and when he went to get it off the trailer, the driver told him that he charged an additional $200 surcharge over and above what the contract with the broker was for. He told him that’s not part of the plan as his contract was with the broker and he was not going to be paying the $200 and to keep the vehicle on the trailer and he would call the police and report it stolen and started dialing the phone. The driver backed down pretty damn quick and he got his vehicle.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Decided to pick it up. Had a bunch of miles and hotel points to use. Onstar and XM will Comp me on the Navi/Traffic features to get me home TX to CA. Planning on the 10 to get me back

Pls chime in if any drivers know of areas that might need to be avoided. So far the 60 in CA looks lovely like one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth (and for future readers) I have used Montway Auto Transport with good results. They are a pretty well known broker.

Montway was by far the most affordable choice I could find for shipping a vehicle from Connecticut to Central New York State, although I was a little disappointed when they tried to jack the price up $50 a few days after I received my initial quote. Luckily, after pleading with the representative, they agreed to honor my original quote. My advice is to book your shipment on the day you get your quote to lock in that price, because apparently "routes" can change and prices for the same transport can fluctuate.

That being said, they ended up jacking my price up anyway because I wasn't going to be around the day the shipper wanted to deliver the car, so they asked for another $50 to deliver it the next day (this request came right from Montway, not from the driver last minute holding my car hostage as the guy above experienced).

The shipper was polite, professional and courteous and arrived an hour after he said he would, which is not bad when you take traffic and other things into account. Some people might have more of a problem with that but I was okay with it. The car arrived safe and sound and was secured well on the trailer. The shipper unloaded my car and backed it into the driveway for me. We went over the car in detail to make sure no damage occurred and he was paid and on his way. Overall, the process was easy and went smoothly, and I couldn't have asked for much more.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That's good info on stuff I never would of known to avoid. Thank you! …. Google maps or car play is your friend. It pulled me off Interstate 10 at least 4 different times to avoid traffic or known construction zones. One crack head driver who didn't divert took an entire hour to catch up after dealing with an asphalt road crew that was 10+ miles long. Two days, 1.4k miles, 75-85 most of the way. The 1st day I left around 12:30 from Dallas and hit El Paso at 23:30. With the time change factored in on day 2, I left at 13:00 and hit Orange Co about 20:30. It was a M & Tu drive and encountered very little commuter traffic.

Here's the result, an 09 Platinum ESV. Last year made without AFM but still has the bump up to 403hp plus first year flex fuel. $14k and drove away very happy.

97a69fc68f07f49958d178284734ce55.jpg

015e3a6bdeaaa7ab0d6e3ffd733e8a9a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts