Anyone Have A Referral / Recommendation for Transport / Shipped from Dallas / Spring to Cali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Looking to bring an Esky from Dallas / Spring, TX to Cali via a Transpo Co via truck. My jaw hit the floor watching the news on the Corona virus outbreak in NorCal and an airline stewardess at LAX diagnosed w/ it last night. Doesn't seem like good time for train, plane and hotel travel eh?

I took a quick look on the interwebs and it's all hit and miss as the Transpo Companies only seem as good as the their subcontractors.

It's gonna happen in the next couple of days so post em up please (2-28-20). and ... TYF / Google didn't reveal any previous threads on this under transportation to tag on to unfortunately. This will be a good parking spot for anyone else in need of a carrier in the future.

This has been x posted on the 15+ forum too ... here
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...rt-shipped-from-dallas-spring-to-cali.117359/

Last edited:

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fly and ride. Seems a bit alarmist to worry about a pathogen that is mostly affecting very old and very young people.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Starting to look that way is best. Wife's a 20+ year Nurse so she has access to a lot of info that's not public (yet). There's quite a few pissed off folks that have shipped vehicles and unaware most companies you book with are brokers. They farm out the jobs to a third party. Even if you got the best carrier out there, shit happens because of weather, loading and off loading along the way. Communication or status is non existent most of the time. It looks about $600 to $1100 and then you have a "hope to" date the carrier picks up the vehicle that you'll have to micro manage to get accurate info on.

2-3 Days and 1400 clicks is better than some of the recent horror stories I've found on yelp. Time to invest in a radar detector.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reliable is one of the best but might be expensive. Considered driving to stay out of planes?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Starting to look that way is best. Wife's a 20+ year Nurse so she has access to a lot of info that's not public (yet). There's quite a few pissed off folks that have shipped vehicles and unaware most companies you book with are brokers. They farm out the jobs to a third party. Even if you got the best carrier out there, shit happens because of weather, loading and off loading along the way. Communication or status is non existent most of the time. It looks about $600 to $1100 and then you have a "hope to" date the carrier picks up the vehicle that you'll have to micro manage to get accurate info on.

2-3 Days and 1400 clicks is better than some of the recent horror stories I've found on yelp. Time to invest in a radar detector.

I replied to your other thread, too, but I chose a broker on purpose. My trip would've been so long, that with a plane ticket, hotels, and gas, I would've just broken even so I figured I'd save the miles on the truck. I did a lot of research and was very happy with the end result. Ended up with AmeriFreight. I can look up the carrier if you want.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to bring an Esky from Dallas / Spring, TX to Cali via a Transpo Co via truck. My jaw hit the floor watching the news on the Corona virus outbreak in NorCal and an airline stewardess at LAX diagnosed w/ it last night. Doesn't seem like good time for train, plane and hotel travel eh?

I've used these guys in the past.

Cosmetic Car Care
12 Mauchly, Bldg F
Irvine, CA 92618 Company:
Phone Number (949) 453-1200
Fax Number (949) 453-1207
Name Staci Marcus
Email [email protected]

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a flight attendant. You'll be fine.. everybody is freaking out over something we've seen numerous times.

Plus the flight attendant who contracted the virus isnt from the US

Also spring and dallas are nowhere near each other.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Decided to pick it up. Had a bunch of miles and hotel points to use. Onstar and XM will Comp me on the Navi/Traffic features to get me home TX to CA. Planning on the 10 to get me back

Pls chime in if any drivers know of areas that might need to be avoided. So far the 60 in CA looks lovely like one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk