Anyone Have A Referral / Recommendation for Transport / Shipped from Dallas / Spring to Cali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove from Houston area back to SoCal in 2 days. Google maps was the way to go. It diverted me from at least four choke points caused by construction.

3dc832c781f921fae5467c11d3f8e637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had found this sooner, would have given you some tips on H town... Glad you got a good road trip in for sure, 10 out of houston kinda sucks for sure, where did you buy it at? I am always looking at the ads here in houston on these and never saw this one pop up...

Ever back here let me know man..

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks BigKev, found it at Lexus of Northside off I45 in Spring. It just flashed into my mind I prolly need to get hold of the Hardy Toll road authority and pay the toll or I'm sure I'll get a nastygram. Surprised the Lexus dealer didn't auction it off it off.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BigKev, found it at Lexus of Northside off I45 in Spring. It just flashed into my mind I prolly need to get hold of the Hardy Toll road authority and pay the toll or I'm sure I'll get a nastygram. Surprised the Lexus dealer didn't auction it off it off.

Yep 10 minutes from my house..... Man alot of the dealers here keep these gm suv on the lot. Some crap, some are real nice, looks like yours is real nice. Even the big name shops in town stock these like candy...

HCTRA.org

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to pick it up. Had a bunch of miles and hotel points to use. Onstar and XM will Comp me on the Navi/Traffic features to get me home TX to CA. Planning on the 10 to get me back

Pls chime in if any drivers know of areas that might need to be avoided. So far the 60 in CA looks lovely like one of them

did you fill up in AZ before coming into the .50c higher california?

Last edited:
OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hell yes, although the 93 octane in TX is lovely. The motor really connects to the trans’ shift points and kick down compared to the 91. AZ highway patrol loved hunkering down in the recessed divided highway medians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thank you Texas! I won’t mention the rural county, but their assistance in finding a work around for this CA boy to keep an 89 MPH cite earned in an 80 zone off my record, leaves me speechless.

When I passed a deputy in a Tahoe PPV, cruising in the passing lane at 79MPH, I crapped my pants. I told the deputy how embarrassed I was. I thought the cruise was set for 1MPH under 80 and it actually set it for 9MPH over or 89. The guy laughed, we shook hands and life goes on.

TX & Cali traffic schools don’t reciprocate so you can really screw yourself if you have a driving record that’s unblemished. Funny thing is, I did everything right. I didn’t pass a rig cruising in the passing lane at 75. I waited two miles for the rig to pull out of the passing lane but then royally f’d up and set the cruise back to 89. 14:00 hours and 10 hours at the wheel makes you stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts