Anyone Got a 6.2L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincinnatiZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got into a 6.2 last week from a 5.3 with mods. Im not a fan of the AWD.... lets say your at a dead stop in a turning lane about to turn into your favorite gas station. Mass traffic so your going to have to cut someone off so you can go get your redbull and smokes so you gun it. The front end LIFTS up (i cant see any more now) the steering wheel wants to go straight (and theres a curb). Still dont know how I made it.

On the interstate this thing is an animal. It would leave my 5.3 standing still. The rumble at idle sounds good though its stock and the gas mileage is almost the same. The only serious complaint I have is the transmission. Im not sure if im not used to it but it seems strange. I could be off the gass rolling 30mph then get back into the gas and feel like im in 1 gear to low. Other than that its a lot of fun

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Volant CAI, volant supertips and a magnaflow muffler and no tune. The idel is a tad rough, but when you stand on the gas and leave "faster" cars wondering what the **** just happened, the look is priceless. Huge whine out of the cai and the thing moves out. I am averaing 13.1 mpg according to the trip computer, nut do not really care, you do not buy a big SUV for gas mileage. It will be at the dragstrip this summer, but it will spin all 4 if it is a little wet out.

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 6.2 in my 09 Denali XL with AWD and its quickness will surprise you. I had the 5.3 in my Envoy (although it has about 20 less HP) and I couldn't imagine it pulling another 1000 lbs.

Gas mileage? I averaged anywhere from 17.5-19.7 on the long trips I have taken so far. 17.5 was into a strong headwind cruising at 75mph. The engine is real smooth so I don't know where the roughness comments come from. I do have a 2008 Corvette with the 6.2 and it makes 33hp but it is slightly rougher idle but adds to the character of that car. With the 6.2 in the Denali XL I can go about 550-600 miles a tank. 450 just breaks the 1/4 tank mark.

My guess is that the Escalade feels slower because it probably has 22s instead of 18s or 20s. Bigger rim means more unsprung weight. My Denali has 20s. The AWD in the Denali does hook up real good though.

Also I think manufacturers lower the HP on some models because the rest of the car is not as good. A Corvette's drivetrain is a lot different than a Camaro or GTO, one being the tranny is in the rear. I wouldn't be surprised if the half shafts are different size also.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I love the rough idle in the vette, I only have the ls2, but things a beast, I cant tell the difference stock for stock between the two actually. Plus mines far from stock so it would cream a ls3 and hang with the z06 on the straights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401