Anybody else get the 20s on their Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly, huh? Why not 33's, 35's or bigger since, let's face it, 22's are really not a big deal.....

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly, huh? Why not 33's, 35's or bigger since, let's face it, 22's are really not a big deal.....
As i said, to ME it looks silly. But were you referring to me saying 22s are silly in my opinion, or the post right before mone saying 20s are silly?

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, starting to think snow tires/wheels (yes, it is August in MN, but winter comes quick here).

My preference would be to go w/ 20's for the winters.
Does anyone know if the 20's work with the "Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD"
Air ride seems to force you to 22's, wondering if there is some sort of clearance issue or something.

I guess the question, anyone have 20's on their Denali w/ Air Ride?
Apparently, you can do 20's w/ the Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD on AT4...

dcyy

Reaction score
Hey all, starting to think snow tires/wheels (yes, it is August in MN, but winter comes quick here).

Does anyone know if the 20's work with the "Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD"
Air ride seems to force you to 22's, wondering if there is some sort of clearance issue or something.

Apparently, you can do 20's w/ the Premium Capability Package w/ Active Response 4WD on AT4...
It's my understanding that air-ride automatically adjust ride height according to rode conditions while magnetic ride uses sensors to read road conditions and dampin shocks for better stability. Air-Ride (F47) requires 22" wheels

dcyy

Reaction score
It's my understanding that air-ride automatically adjust ride height according to rode conditions while magnetic ride uses sensors to read road conditions and dampin shocks for better stability. Air-Ride (F47) requires 22" wheels

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only on the Denali...Air Ride on the AT4 ships w/ 20's...

Maybe its the combo of Air Ride and Mag Ride control which needs additional wheel clearance?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Spoke w/ my dealer today, they double checked w/ the Techs and the Service Info. Was told I can run 20's using the stock 20" tire size (275/60R20) with no issues, as long as I keep the 28mm Offset so it clears the caliper. So, my Winter Tire Plan may be to go to the 20's. Which is good, because there seem to be many more winter tire options in the 275/60R20 size than the 275/50R22. Also, lots more 20" takeoffs available out there from Sierra and Silverados than 22's.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke w/ my dealer today, they double checked w/ the Techs and the Service Info. Was told I can run 20's using the stock 20" tire size (275/60R20) with no issues, as long as I keep the 28mm Offset so it clears the caliper. So, my Winter Tire Plan may be to go to the 20's. Which is good, because there seem to be many more winter tire options in the 275/60R20 size than the 275/50R22. Also, lots more 20" takeoffs available out there from Sierra and Silverados than 22's.
Picked up a set of 20x9, 28mm offset takeoffs from a Silverado last evening, mounted one on my Denali, cleared the caliper so that part is good. Must admit, didn't lower the vehicle off the jack to check for any interference w/ compressed suspension parts, but didn't seem like it was going to be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork