Any tips on bug and road tar/gunk remover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the shape of the Yukon/suburban/tahoe seem to allow micro dots of road gunk to adhere to the back lid. I notice it on both of my Yukons. I have been using Turtle Wax bug and tar remover to reasonable success. I would rate it a 7 out of 10. The only better product is the long gone GM tar remover in the metal can. That was the BOMB.

Any suggestions? I noticed these spots multiplying on my White Yukon. It still winter (albeit a mild one) in north central WI, so I still have anothe couple of months to be able to easily clean/wax/detail my rides confortably.

OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 folks in a row must know their stuff. I will pick some up.

Is Goo Gone ok on the paint?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 folks in a row must know their stuff. I will pick some up.

Is Goo Gone ok on the paint?

Auto owners often ask us: Is Goo Gone safe for car paint?

The answer is a resounding yes! From decals and duct tape to that outdated bumper sticker you’ve been meaning to remove; Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel offers an easy way to keep your car looking spiffy.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Auto owners often ask us: Is Goo Gone safe for car paint?

The answer is a resounding yes! From decals and duct tape to that outdated bumper sticker you’ve been meaning to remove; Goo Gone Automotive Spray Gel offers an easy way to keep your car looking spiffy.
But.... I do know there is an 'industrial strength' version of G00-Goo Gone. I found it to be quite a bit hotter than their regular strength.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo gone will work but be very careful and do not leave it applied to long. While the acidity in this product is fairly low it can still damage clear coat.

Picked up a bottle of P&S bug off last summer to try out. Stuff works amazing, and I hate to say it but better than goo gone. It’s designed for hardened bug splatter, but works well with pitch from road debris chunks and what not. Literally spray it on, let sit for 30-60 seconds depending on how hardened the splatter is, and then pressure rinse off with water. It dissolves bug guts and there’s no scrubbing involved, at least for front end bug guts. I have had to use a bit of it in a soft bristled brush on some lower door areas on clients vehicles lately, for hard to get pitch, but still works great and my pressure washer rinses it right off. A strong flowing spray nozzle on a garden hose will take it off easily as well. Can certainly be used for the same issues of pitch on the rear hatch. It’s safe on glass, plastic trim, and painted surfaces. And can be had on Amazon. P&S makes some really great detailing products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz