Water Spots on ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '22 Denali came ceramic coated from the dealership and noticed right away it had a crazy problem getting water spots especially on the hood and front windshield. When I got the truck tinted the guys were amazed how bad it looked.

My '20 Acadia Denali isn't coated, and is parked right along side the Yukon and hosed off with the same hose without issue.

My exterior hoses go through the houses water softener and shouldn't cause any hard water spots.

It's super heavy pollen/allergy season here in North Georgia, and I live on a gravel road so I'm hosing the trucks off every day.

I was googling and youtube-ing for a few hours and found a video touting a ceramic coating safe remover:

GYEON quartz Water Spot Remover 500ml - Premium Hard Water Spot Remover - Safe For Use On Sio2 Ceramic Coated Cars - Maintains Hydrophobic Ceramic Coating - Ultimate Tool in your Car Detailing Kit

I found it on amazon (not sure if its OK to link to outside sites)

I did it small sections at a time and took 3-4 spray on/wipe offs but I got about 75%/80% of the spots removed. It was overcast ALL day until I walked outside and washed the truck, so I didn't want this stuff to bake in direct sunlight for too long.

Anyone else coated and seeing similar issues?

Last edited:

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Jade ceramic coating and I do get water spots if I don't dry it off quick enough in the sunlight. But if I scrub hard enough when I'm washing it, they do go away.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam's products are made by Jade and they have a wash that is made for coatings like ceramic etc

OP
OP
PaulGA

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam's products are made by Jade and they have a wash that is made for coatings like ceramic etc
Yeah I've seen the Adam's stuff, I use the Chemicals Guys Honeydew High Foam Car Wash, it's PH Neutral and is supposed to be safe for ceramic coated and uncoated cars. Smells really nice too. I have a large microfiber drying towel and try to dry it off quick.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's getting water spots even with drying it off with a microfiber towel? That seems pretty strange

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen the Adam's stuff, I use the Chemicals Guys Honeydew High Foam Car Wash, it's PH Neutral and is supposed to be safe for ceramic coated and uncoated cars. Smells really nice too. I have a large microfiber drying towel and try to dry it off.

My RST is ceramic coated as well and may see a water spot here and there but very minimal. My go to soap by chemical guys is Hydro suds. That stuff works best from experience wit ceramic coating. My black truck is spotless. I am currently using the honey dew, feel it suds more but doesnt leave the shine I get from hydro suds.

OP
OP
PaulGA

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RST is ceramic coated as well and may see a water spot here and there but very minimal. My go to soap by chemical guys is Hydro suds. That stuff works best from experience wit ceramic coating. My black truck is spotless. I am currently using the honey dew, feel it suds more but doesnt leave the shine I get from hydro suds.
I'll try that hydro suds next time I grab more wash. You're right that the honey dew doesnt really shine, but I feel like it gives it a pretty good cleaning. I just used the Chemical Guys HD water spot remover on all my windows and windshield since those water spots were not budging with the other stuff. I seem to have lost the hydrophobic reaction on the windows but they're actually a ton clearer and almost all the water spots are gone from the first application of it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats odd
& id never trust ceramic coat from a dealership.

seen & heard too many horror stories over the years
its probably the cheapest product avail & seems to not have been applied properly

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try that hydro suds next time I grab more wash. You're right that the honey dew doesnt really shine, but I feel like it gives it a pretty good cleaning. I just used the Chemical Guys HD water spot remover on all my windows and windshield since those water spots were not budging with the other stuff. I seem to have lost the hydrophobic reaction on the windows but they're actually a ton clearer and almost all the water spots are gone from the first application of it.

Another thing I suggest which you can also use on the entire vehicle but I’ve only used it to remove tree sap is Butter Wet Wax on the windows. Water or anything would simply slide off. I love that thing and freaking smells good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645