Any S-Series Owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 95 Sonoma SCSB 2.2L 5spd. with 100K on it as a gas saver Daily Driver. Got a great deal on it compared to the overpriced JUNK ones on CL. Getting ready to pull the head off of it to change the head gasket and get the head to the machine shop to get checked out. had to fix a few other small problems on it so far. cheap DD is starting to get expensive...

once its road worthy again its getting black leather blazer seats and center console swapped into it, along with some "better" interior parts, hopefully a front end swap to the newer Sonoma or "Envoy" front end. Looking for a set of IROC wheels to match the camaro.

Trying not to sink much into it thats not easily swapped back out, since the salt in the winter will eat it alive. (hate Indiana winters)

1-1.gif

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned a couple s-series trucks in the past. A 93 s-10 short bed and an '03 blazer Xtreme that I bought brand new in May of '03. Had the '93 for about 4 years and the '03 for 2 years. I'm a big fan of the 82-93 s-series trucks :)

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a 91 Jimmy slammed and then a transport pulled out in front of me and I ended up with the yukon

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned a couple s-series trucks in the past. A 93 s-10 short bed and an '03 blazer Xtreme that I bought brand new in May of '03. Had the '93 for about 4 years and the '03 for 2 years. I'm a big fan of the 82-93 s-series trucks :)

Would have rather had an older square body (1st gen) but around here finding one not rusted out for what I paid for the noma... well... they don't exist. sonoma has one small rust spot on the DS above the rear tire and some odd rust around the rear window that needs addressed before winter, but the rockers and cab corners are solid. and with only 100K on it i couldn't pass up this $15oo truck :D. wasn't expecting to have to deal with the 2.2 Head Gasket problem so soon, but what can you do...

have any pictures of them?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of the 93 are actually only in developed pics (pre-digital camera days) so I'll have to scan them in or something. I had that truck fixed up pretty nice for my first vehicle and being a HS kid in the mid to late 90's :) I would like to find another one and turn it into my next project but we have the same problem around here. Finding on in good condition and not all hacked up or rusted out is fairly difficult these days :(

For the Xtreme here are a couple pics.....

With rims (18x8 Weld Evo)
104_0420.gif
104_0421.gif

without rims but shows the front end mods....
Blz092504-1.gif
Blz092504-a1.gif

OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice and Clean!

Pulled the head off yesterday to find that the engine is really really clean, wouldn't think it had 100K on it. head looks fine but its going to get tanked and checked just for the hell of it. was leaking on the exhaust side front and rear corner. hopefully have it all back together by the end of the week. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to see what I can do about getting my 93 up and get those pics scanned or something. I was really proud of that truck being my first truck and stuff. When you're young like that and have no bills that's when you can really throw money at your truck and not worry about it :D

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELL YEAH! here is mine currently...still a ways to go until she is on the street!

Attachments

• DSC09285.jpg
    DSC09285.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 28
  • PC212438.jpg
    PC212438.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PC212440.jpg
    PC212440.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you're young like that and have no bills that's when you can really throw money at your truck and not worry about it :D

wish i had those days back, would have quite a bit more done and fixed on the three rides.

thats gonna be a sick P/U when its done! like the black Z28 wheels. debating throwing a set of those or IROC wheels on the noma.

jeffyrc

Bow Tie For Life
Reaction score
Pics of the 93 are actually only in developed pics (pre-digital camera days) so I'll have to scan them in or something. I had that truck fixed up pretty nice for my first vehicle and being a HS kid in the mid to late 90's :) I would like to find another one and turn it into my next project but we have the same problem around here. Finding on in good condition and not all hacked up or rusted out is fairly difficult these days :(

For the Xtreme here are a couple pics.....

With rims (18x8 Weld Evo)
104_0420.gif
104_0421.gif

without rims but shows the front end mods....
Blz092504-1.gif
Blz092504-a1.gif

thats a nice lookin xtreme. whats the MPG on thoses things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA