Any remotes without panic button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only time iver ever used mine was a car locater lol. only 36 but be damned if i can ever remember where i park when i go to those big parking garages.

News flash... It's all downhill from here.

We also have a 2008 Explorer. Once my wife tried to get into a Mercedes SUV! (I guess the Ford wasn't good enough.)

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The panic button on my remotes are too easily activated just by being in my jacket pocket. Do any aftermarket sources sell remotes with just the Lock and Unlock buttons?

What are you doing while wearing your jacket that’s making this happen? What year is your vehicle? Factory remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
News flash... It's all downhill from here.

We also have a 2008 Explorer. Once my wife tried to get into a Mercedes SUV! (I guess the Ford wasn't good enough.)
kidding me? i can barely remember what i ate yesterday and i keep everything as an alert in my phone. forget one anniversary and its hellfire and brimstone forget that sh** twice might as well go buy your own tombstone. and the Mercedes thing dont even get me started there. my wife always owned junk it was just transportation to her. i have an hr ride to work so i bought myself a loaded accord with all the bells and whistles. nope... once she realized it had heated seats gone i dont get to drive it anymore.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you doing while wearing your jacket that’s making this happen? What year is your vehicle? Factory remote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happens to me too. It doesn't take much to press those panic buttons. Sometime I'm just reaching in to get my comb, sometimes I'm just twisting in such a way that it goes off too. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen to me once in awhile as well.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens to me too. It doesn't take much to press those panic buttons. Sometime I'm just reaching in to get my comb, sometimes I'm just twisting in such a way that it goes off too. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen to me once in awhile as well.
Same here. The most memorable time was when in was checking things under the hood and I leaned up against the vehicle and my key was in the right position and it set of the alarm with my head about 24” from the horn. Holy crap was that loud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE