Any Experience or thoughts on Spherical Front Swaybar Links?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by scottbrew92, Mar 11, 2018.

1. scottbrew92

scottbrew92 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Installing a lift and bigger tires, while tearing down for the install found the swaybar links need replacing and came across some spherical end links by Spohn. I was hoping maybe someone had experience or info whether there would be improvement over regular links with the cost difference.

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    no experience with these but your control arm is not going to move anywhere but up & down, I don't see anyone saying yes these are better other than the manufacture, the factory ones are pretty good already.

scottbrew92 likes this.
  3. NGAneer

NGAneer Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    I'd had fleeting thoughts about this as my front end is at essentially 3" and the way the bushings from my sway bar sit in the lower arm is a little weird. Anyway, never pursued it because it seemed like too much cost for too little benefit.

4. DStarr02

DStarr02 Member

Name:
    Daniel
    Check out the Moog problem solvers, were decent price, great reviews, were even available for pick up locally at one of the auto parts store in town. Mine had descentigrated.

HiHoeSilver likes this.
  5. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    I don't think moog makes any spherical end links which is what the poster was asking about.

6. DStarr02

DStarr02 Member

Name:
    Daniel
    They aren't spherical, but they aren't flat either. This is what the ones I installed looked like

mog-k700539.jpg

7. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    ya that's what they should look like, I haven't seen flat ones on a gm before, maybe I've missed something

8. NGAneer

NGAneer Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    The "standard" Moog end links could be called flat, I suppose. I put in the problem solvers and they rusted and broke in about a year. Put on the standards (zinc plated I believe) and they've been good for a couple years. This is the only time I've ever had trouble with one of their problem solvers.

Doubeleive likes this.