Any Constraint Updates for 1/6/22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfer07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here folks. Can you all explain "Denali Constrained 55%". What is the percent? About to put in an order for a Yukon Denali (Ultimate Pkg). Thx

cclark20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was posted on Monday in a Facebook group:

Yukon constraints:

Power Sliding Center console (DCH) Constrained to 0% (expected balance of 22MY)
AT4 model constrained to 10%
Denali constrained to 55%
SLT constrained to 30%
Technology Package (CWM) constrained to 0%
Rear Seat Media (UVB) constrained to 0%
LM2 Diesel constrained to 0%
Advanced Technology Package (without PDK) constrained to 15%
Premium Capability Package (Z6E, only Denali) constrained to 22%
Air Ride Adaptive Suspension (F47, w/o Z6E) constrained to 0%
LPO 22" wheels SFI/SGM constrained to 0%

what I can't figure is how are they going to constrain the sliding console to 0% and not make that a "not equipped with" exclusion for Premium or Ultimate packages so they can keep building those.
I would guess/hope it means all the sliding consoles are going in the Denali Ultimate and Premium packages. It’s a stand alone add to the AT4.

The other challenge is that the Ultimate package also includes Rear Seat Media so unless GMC is holding those only for Denali installs that package is basically dead right now.

You could build a Denali with a Premium package and options to get close to the Ultimate Package. Unfortunately It’s $500+- more and you don’t get the Rear Seat Media.

Last edited:

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my idea of ordering a “base” AT4 with only the technology package is going to be a no go for a while

Skud

Reaction score
I would guess/hope it means all the sliding consoles are going in the Denali Ultimate and Premium packages. It’s a stand alone add to the AT4.

The other challenge is that the Ultimate package also includes Rear Seat Media so unless GMC is holding those only for Denali installs that package is basically dead right now.

You could build a Denali with a Premium package and options to get close to the Ultimate Package. Unfortunately It’s $500+- more and you don’t get the Rear Seat Media.
Would you be able to shed some more light on the Premium w/all packages vs Ultimate? I'd like to know if I'm missing anything.

Basically, I wanted an Ultimate, but I did not want the rear media. So, I built a Premium and added all packages except for the RSE. After looking at everything side-by-side and going through the order guide it has all of the same features as the Ultimate. The price was $1500 less than the Ultimate.

My order has been at 1100 since mid-Sept.

Thanks!!
Riley

cclark20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you be able to shed some more light on the Premium w/all packages vs Ultimate? I'd like to know if I'm missing anything.

Basically, I wanted an Ultimate, but I did not want the rear media. So, I built a Premium and added all packages except for the RSE. After looking at everything side-by-side and going through the order guide it has all of the same features as the Ultimate. The price was $1500 less than the Ultimate.

My order has been at 1100 since mid-Sept.

Thanks!!
Riley
I just reviewed my Denali build and you are likely not missing anything.

The savings I mentioned appear only to be when you select the 22” Carbon flash wheels. On my build I went with the 22” Carbon Flash Wheels that includes Black name plates, illuminated door sills, GMC mirror emblems, pedal covers, illuminated front Emblem. Choosing these wheels drops the Ultimate Package cost to $8380.

As you noted the Denali built with the Premium package plus other packages and the Bright Machined 22” Wheels is $1495 cheaper without the RSE.

I am glad you asked because it is very odd.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my sales guy, former general mgr, and got my Denali diesel placed for the 2/7 TPW. Had to remove the max trailering to get it. If I had not called him 3 times today I might not have been on the front burner to get this allocation. He sat with the inventory manager and made it happen. No ultimate pkg or 22's on my order so I was good with it. Moral of story might be the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

cclark20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my sales guy, former general mgr, and got my Denali diesel placed for the 2/7 TPW. Had to remove the max trailering to get it. If I had not called him 3 times today I might not have been on the front burner to get this allocation. He sat with the inventory manager and made it happen. No ultimate pkg or 22's on my order so I was good with it. Moral of story might be the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Congrats and good luck

SCUCREW08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer representative. Said that GM is removing the "sliding" feature from all GMC Yukon and Yukon XL's moving forward for all trim levels.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer removed the sliding console from my Denali order which was accepted by GM with a 2/7 TPW. Was hoping they had enough to produce on orders before the distribution update notice which came out after my order was pulled. Want to bet it is gone for the rest on 2022?