Antenna and Vacuum Pump Issues…..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey Folks…
I just found out about the Shark Fin antenna issue after complaining about the Sirius reception. Who knew… ordered a new revised one and also a vacuum pump because I started having the low speed fade issue. Anyone have any tips about these 2 issues? I’ll replace them probably this weekend coming up.

Dirk13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The shark fin is pretty easy, I just did one recently. You’ll need to unbolt the grab handle above the driver door, unbolt the driver sun shade (make sure you take the bolt out of the shade clip on the right side but it doesn’t come out of the head liner), and pop off the driver A pillar trim. That’s enough for you to gently pull down the headliner enough in that corner to get in there to do the replacement.

You’ll need a t15 or t20(can’t recall which) for the sun visor and an 8mm socket, small extension, ratchet for the handle and the antenna. A small flat blade or pick is helpful to get all the little plastic covers off and undo to antenna connections.

Just need to unbolt the antenna, clean the top of the roof well, and bolt the new one up. Make sure the new “washer” crushes and the little teeth dig into the underside of the roof.

Highly recommend getting some black RTV and putting a bead on and around the inner square seal of the new antenna for extra insurance it doesn’t leak.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Shark Fin- can't help ya much there. I don't use Sirius and personally really want to delete it as I don't like the placement location.

Vacuum Pump- if I remember correctly there's an active recall on these that includes your year model. After learning of the high failure rate that these have, their potential catastrophic engine damage, they aren't used on Corvette's/Camaro's, I elected to perform the delete mod. Let me know if this interests you and I'll provide more specifics from experience: engine block plug kit, vacuum source, etc...

Attachments

• vacuum pump delete.jpg
    vacuum pump delete.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 5

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have more than 150k miles? The vacuum pump should be under special policy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts