Another one on the Wireless Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Boost Auto. Both the wife and I use it more than the OEM one in the center console. We also found if you slide the console back, the folks in the rear seat can also use it. The install video is a bit flawed if you have the sliding console, or RES. If you have RES, there are 4 wires on the USB, not 3, but the pins are the correct ones to use. For the console itself, the wire routing shows a route, that if you use it, the rear tray that shows up when you use the lid for an armrest, can't be fit back in there. I just followed the OEM lid wiring path.
20230605144602.png

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Reaction score
Try an app like Ampere while it's charging on the wireless. The app will tell you how many amps are currently flowing and which direction (charging or discharging).
I downloaded the app & gonna give it a try.
Anybody know what the correct charge rate should be?

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the app & gonna give it a try.
Anybody know what the correct charge rate should be?
It can vary... 1500 milliamps is "ok", 2500 milliamps is closer to today's consideration of Fast Charge. If you're in the mid hundreds, it's slow.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a '21 Denali; wireless charging works but the phones overheat and quit charging due to high temp (samsungs). Those same phones are totally happy wirelessly charging on other chargers.

If I disconnect the phones from the truck they don't get near as hot. My guess is that they are doing android auto work which is sucking them dry on battery power.

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Reaction score
Thanks to Eusibius2 for recommending the Ampere app!
Downloaded and tested. The best I was getting is a couple hundred mAh, on an intermittent basis constantly going on & off. (Yes w/o the case).
Set up warranty service.

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Reaction score
Update.
Just got back from the dealer.
They removed the rubber pad over the charger, cut off the ribs from the bottom. (They said there was too much of a gap), then reinstalled the pad. Phone charged from 86% to 100% in 20 minutes.
Go figure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts