Another noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregDAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I own a new to me 2007 GMC Yukon Denali. I'm new here but not new to forums. I'm a mod on a couple of colorado/canyon forums and FB pages so I'm no stranger to forum etiquette.

Here to do some research on a cause of a water leak. Its pooling up in the overhead console light. Most likely from the sunroof. Tray and tubes look clean but I haven't removed the pillars and headliner yet to see what's going on.

Thanks for having me!

I'll be sure to post some pics when the sun comes up

Last edited:
OP
OP
GregDAP

GregDAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have Onstar? Possible that fin gasket could be leaking.

Yeah after reading a little on here I'm thinking it could be that. Headliner seems dry everywhere or just not leaking enough to soak thru but it's been raining like crazy the past few days here in So Cal. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah after reading a little on here I'm thinking it could be that. Headliner seems dry everywhere or just not leaking enough to soak thru but it's been raining like crazy the past few days here in So Cal. Thanks for the suggestion.
Np--Oh yeah--Welcome :D

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Good luck chasing that leak. Sounds like you are on the right track in the sunroof and OnStar. Maybe even one of the those roof rack Torx screws could be giving you some grief or the weatherstripping on the door? Windshield gasket somehow...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF! You’re not far from me! I got 9 inches of rain in big bear last week! Lol. And then a couple feet of snow built up over the last week since the rain! Talk about a lot of water! Cool to see another SoCal member here! Check that Onstar shark fin antenna! I’ve seen those leak several times. Not particularly on my 2006 that has that same fin, but on a clients 2008.

OP
OP
GregDAP

GregDAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF! You’re not far from me! I got 9 inches of rain in big bear last week! Lol. And then a couple feet of snow built up over the last week since the rain! Talk about a lot of water! Cool to see another SoCal member here! Check that Onstar shark fin antenna! I’ve seen those leak several times. Not particularly on my 2006 that has that same fin, but on a clients 2008.

Yeah I'm down in Colton. I sealed up around the onstar antenna and haven't had a problem.