Another FNG? You betcha!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I would stay away from keys kills the ride, i live in mass 15 minutes from Nh so i know i how the roads and condition are. Good rear spring is tonys (norcalss) there 6 inches drop but he sell a spacer to make them 5 and they work great work airlift bags. Good luck.
Billy

OP
OP
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome, I would stay away from keys kills the ride, i live in mass 15 minutes from Nh so i know i how the roads and condition are. Good rear spring is tonys (norcalss) there 6 inches drop but he sell a spacer to make them 5 and they work great work airlift bags. Good luck.
Billy

How would i get it lower than 2" with just spindles? Can you use LCA's with spindles? What is yours dropped with? Looks awesome, but it may be just a tad lower than I plan to go. I'm looking to be about 31.5" to 32" front and rear on a 30.5" tire.

I am going to try a set of Roadmaster Wagon rear springs, or maybe Caddy Fleetwood springs, or even Impala SS or Caprince 9C1 (police package) to see how it sits. I've got em in the garage for free, so why not, right?

Tony's 6" springs were going to be what I was going to order if I didn't like the free springs that I've got kicking around the garage. ;) I ordered a bunch of DJM stuff from him for my old shop truck a few years back.

What's crazy is that I'm looking through all the pics on this site all week long and some of the tahoes and burbs look to have dropped about 6" all around with the owners claiming 2/3 and 3/4 drops. How is that???

Thanks!

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see, i have been though a total of 4 different types of front suspension and 2 rears. My sig pic was front: spindles/keys, bt sp shocks, chopped/drilled z71 bumpstops and rear: tonys springs no spacer, airlift bags, bt sp shocks, djm rear kit, sphon panhard bar. Im running a 285 45 22 tire which is 32.01 tall. My rear is 32.25 aired out, i think the the front was a touch under 32. Ground to fender lip that is.

Trust me the keys will suffer the ride quality, Id stay away from them. You could try the spindles and decrank stock keys to see if it sits were you want it to. i think you can get a 1/2 to 3/4 out of them. Depends on how your free springs sit in the back.

Tonys spring sit about 32ish some trucks lower do to spring perch mounting but not a ton. the airlift bags can be used to lift rear up as well if needed. i usually run 3-10 psi in bags helps with ride. IF you go low in rear you will have to cut of bump stop bracket from frame and add some bump stop.
let me know if you need any more info or any question ask away.

Billy

OP
OP
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to do wheel bearings/hubs up front anyways, so I'll start with the spindles and decrank a bit and see where I'm at.

I knew about the free travel mod and stuff out back. And I would occasionally tow, so Airlift bags will most definitely be in play.

Thanks,
Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01

Latest posts