Another Autoride replacement question. Is this the kit I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My autoride/auto-leveling/compressor are all shot on my truck. I want to get rid of the autoride and convert to passive suspension. Is this the strut and shock kit that I need?

http://www.monroe.com/en-US/e-catalog/90013-1

I know that I will probably need to install resistors with this kit to eliminate the "service suspension" light.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to them. Thanks guys!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure that the compressor is shot? I thought mine was but the p/o simply allowed it to run until the fuse blew.

I've done the autoride delete myself on my NBS, and installed Monroe shocks in the past, they are not my favorite.

I understand the desire to purchase an all in one kit, but do yourself a favor and get better shocks. I am a big fan of Bilsteins for the $

Also, atleast for NBS you really should replace the rear springs with standard springs. The autoride springs are much softer as they are designed to work in conjunction with an air shock that helps support the vehicle. They are much too soft to work well with standard shocks.

I never had to install resistors on my NBS, just remove the fuse with the battery unplugged and the vehicle thinks it never had autoride.

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I asked a few other people as well and I don't think I will be going with Monroe shocks. I think I will go ahead and upgrade to Bilstein 5100's and get a set of non-autoride springs. I already have the resistors I need to make sure I don't get any dash lights after the install.

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I have all the right parts I will need to do the install correctly, have a decent ride, and not have any dash lights.

I currently have a Rough Country 2" level up front and 1" coil spacers in the back.

These are the parts I have put together to order after a lot of research:

2x Bilstein 24-186940 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks (fronts)
2x Bilstein 24-187237 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks (rears)
2x Moog 81069 Coil Springs (rear springs to replace soft autoride springs)
4x Moog K160072 Coil Spring Insulator (top and bottom of rear shocks)
4x Uxcell 25W 3.9 Ohm 5% Wirewound Resistors

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I would replace the springs. The stock autoride Springs are softer because the air shocks support more of the trucks weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini