Another air raid jr thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so ... gathered thay oiled filters are a no go.would utmbe ideal to just buy the MIT first. Then when my paper filter gets bad replace it with a dry flow filter from airraid ? I am after gas.mileage w this even if it means the motor doesn't kick down going up the hills to work. I don't see why if in have more usable 0ower. Then it would he less likely to kick down. As well as adding a muffler I am hoping it will eliminate this going down the highway and be more efficient. In town I could care less heavy foot in town

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure your hoping for more out of a intake and muffler...

Would be better off keeping that stock and just getting it tuned if you can't afford it all right now. You will notice a bigger driving difference from the tune alone than you would a intake and muffler. I didn't feel like paying for a intake so I used some pvc pipe. Not as good as the air raid but much better than stock.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as of now I have a few guns I'm picking up and school starting so I'm trying to go cheaper route and prolly holding off on tune till spring if I do it

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Airaid Jr. kit with the dry filter, part number: AA201-712. It was cheaper than buying them separately.

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it. Have you noticed any changes since having it.

jough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is much louder than the bizarre looking stock intake tube.
It is now much cleaner looking under the hood.
The MIT seems very well made and well designed.

If you still have the mechanical fan, some other company products have had fitment issues between the fan shroud and throttle body. At least that is what the reviewers say. It is a tight fit, but Airaid's tube design is pretty clever in that area.

The Black Bear Intake tests showed it to be the best on a dyno (about 10 hp).
It does seem to rev quicker.
My only concern is that a dirty dryflow might not flow enough to comfortably feed my 6.0 based on CFM required. I guess that I will clean it fairly often.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm excited I've narrowed it down to a borla muffler probably an xr1 for the sound. To mate with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14