Annoying whistling noise from the front?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TL24

Reaction score
I have a 04 Yukon Denali and I've been hearing this "whistling" sound coming from the front end when I'm going about 50-55mph and above? It's loud enough that when you drive under a bridge of some sort you can hear it bounce off the wall back to you. It's really annoying and this happens whether the car itself is hot or cold (not driven for a long period of time).

The weird part is that this "whistling" sound ONLY happens during higher mph and not when I'm going 45 mph or below. What could the issue be? I'd like to try and resolve this damn issue asap if possible.

Thanks ahead of time guys!

WaGuns

Reaction score
Do you have a bug deflector? Mine whistled a little and I adjusted the bump stops for the hood a little and it raised it just enough to make it go away.

OP
OP
T

TL24

Reaction score
Do you have a bug deflector? Mine whistled a little and I adjusted the bump stops for the hood a little and it raised it just enough to make it go away.

Oh wow, now that you mentioned that I just realized I do have a bug deflector on the hood LOL... I'll give that a shot and get back to you on that! Thanks man!! :Handshake:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Swiss-cheese mod to your air-intake?

Mine, at the right RPM's anyway, makes a bitchin' whistling noise that sounds a lot like a turbo spooling up. It's kind of cool, actually....lol.

linkee40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe

When depressing gas pedal in park or drive there is a loud whistling sound coming from the engine. Any ideas anyone?? is it the cooking pump or clogged injectors... help please!! thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikevisalli